Talk

Advanced search

Nip+Fab Skincare: yay or nay?

(21 Posts)
marghini Sat 09-Jan-16 13:51:28

I' ve been eyeing this skinecare line at Boots lately. I've never tried anything from Nip+Fab, so I don't know what to expect.

Has anyone tried anything from this brand? If so, would you recommend it?

I am particularly interested in the Glucolic Fix Serum and the Dragon's Blood Fix Serum.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 09-Jan-16 14:24:15

Yay to the dragons' blood pads, which is the only thing I've bought from Nip+Fab.

Yep, I read about them on here. Baaaaaaaa.

But check Superdrug as they're almost always on offer.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 09-Jan-16 14:32:00

I found the glycolic fix serum to be decidedly 'meh'. I do like the glycolic pads though.

Pinkvici22 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:36:52

Also a fan of the glycolic pads - I've also started using the glycolic scrub and serum and quite like them so far

babyiwantabump Sat 09-Jan-16 14:39:00

Yey again to the glycolic fix pads

Neffi Sat 09-Jan-16 14:54:28

I've just started using the glycolic pads, the extra strength night ones. They are on offer in superdrug at the moment.

I'm liking them, easy to use, nice smelling and seem to be working on my rather aged skin. My piers are looking smaller and my skin definitely looks clearer.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sat 09-Jan-16 15:16:50

Glycolic fix pads/Dragon's Blood salicylic pads. Both good.

If you scuttle quickly to a Superdrug, you might, as I did, find a gift set with a Glycolic cleanser AND 60 Glycolic pads for £8.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 09-Jan-16 15:23:59

The ultra cheap Superdrug Natural Radiance overnight glycolic peel thingy is far more effective than the Nip Fab glycolic serum.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 09-Jan-16 15:48:31

I really like the glycolic acid pads - remember to use sunscreen though as they slough off some of your built-in UV protection

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sat 09-Jan-16 15:49:47

i got the pads on whim a couple of weeks back - had time to kill before a meeting
i do think they've made a difference to my acne-prone skin, and will buy again when these run out.

Cheesymonster Sat 09-Jan-16 16:25:15

Another fan of the dragons blood pads here. I tried to save money by buying the clearasil ones instead and they're bloody awful.

Hopefully Sat 09-Jan-16 20:13:36

Another fan of the glycolic pads, also like the foaming cleanser - it's not as harsh as some soapy foaming cleansers IMO.

Wheretheresawill1 Sat 09-Jan-16 20:17:19

I also like the glycolic pads- going to try more of the range

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Sat 09-Jan-16 20:23:51

Several items are on half price at Ocado at the moment, I got the glycolic pads and cleanser set yesterday, the Dragon's Blood Serum and Pads are there too.

Nettletheelf Sun 10-Jan-16 00:13:58

The jury is still out on the glycolic fix serum. It's fine, my skin looks nice but I was expecting a more noticeable effect. Think there are better glycolic products out there.

FLAMBOLA Sun 10-Jan-16 11:06:10

I had the pads and I'm working my way through the glycolic serum, trying to finish it. I am not a fan.

Shop Sun 10-Jan-16 11:10:34

I like the dragons blood mask (used overnight), the deep cleansing cream, glycolic scrub & face wash.

Creak Sun 10-Jan-16 11:42:27

Another vote for the Dragon's Blood pads (I like the Glycolic fix pads too but they sting a bit). I've also used (and enjoyed) the Daily Moisture Fix (think that's what it was called) and am currently using their Glycolic face wash and the Bee Venom overnight mask, both of which the jury is still out on. I tend to pick them up when I see them on offer whilst prowling through TK Maxx!

DeAtHnOtE Sun 10-Jan-16 11:54:38

I love the Dragon's Blood pads. My first purchase from NIP + FAB and they were on offer in Superdrug.

Floowho Sun 10-Jan-16 12:02:38

Deep cleansing cream is fab to get rid of individual spots before they breakout if left on overnight, huge tub lasts for ages.

Wolpertinger Sun 10-Jan-16 14:24:32

If you have dry skin you should go for Glycolic Fix, if you tend to oily with spots/blackheads you should go for Dragons Blood.

There's no point having Glycolic in something you wash off your face though - it needs to stay on for a while to do any good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now