Talk

Advanced search

Urban decay naked palettes?

(43 Posts)
IncidentalAnarchist Sat 09-Jan-16 08:45:10

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a makeup addict, and I'm currently having my head turned by these. Are they worth having? Which ones are best? Can you do natural and smokey eyes from just the one palette?

TwentyOneGuns Sat 09-Jan-16 08:52:28

Definitely! I wondered if they'd be worth the money but the texture of them is unlike any other eye shadows I've used and the colours are beautiful - natural but noticeable if that makes sense. I use the lighter shades for everyday then the darker ones with the very darkest as eyeliner for going out. Never done a full on smoky eye but sure you could. The brush that goes with them was a good investment too. I've got Naked 2 because that's what suited my colouring best.

Nectarines Sat 09-Jan-16 09:04:49

Naked 2 is fabulous. Has ever shade I need for day and evening eyes

fortyfourfeasts Sat 09-Jan-16 09:14:12

I got one for Christmas and love it. Yy to colours being subtle but there. They blend beautifully, don't seem to crease (and I have oily skin) and the brush is good too. I'm already thinking I might ditch all my other eyeshadows and just keep this.

abbieanders Sat 09-Jan-16 09:18:46

I have 1 & 3 and they're great, very versatile. I use one or other or both every day. You can pretty much do every look with them.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sat 09-Jan-16 09:21:46

Going against the trend here, but I have naked 2 and find it a bit sparkly for daytime. There aren't many matt colours.

However, I have Naked Basics 1 and 2 and love them.

Cerseirys Sat 09-Jan-16 09:22:15

I'd recommend 1 and 2. I'm sure 2 is good too but the shades seemed very similar to 1.

Cerseirys Sat 09-Jan-16 09:22:42

Argh, typo, I recommend 1 and 3!

dementedma Sat 09-Jan-16 09:24:30

Have 2 and 3, DD has 1. Some of 2 is sparkly but as a product they are fab. I don't wear any other kind of eye-shadow other than these. Go on beautifully, stay put and look good. The brush is good too.

EachandEveryone Sat 09-Jan-16 09:25:13

Am I the only person that puts a shade on one eyelid then goes to do the other and completely forgets which one I've used?

dementedma Sat 09-Jan-16 09:26:47

Me too!

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 09-Jan-16 09:59:04

Oooh lots of positives! I don't mind a bit of sparkle for day makeup even though I'm supposed to be grown up and sensible at work so I guess if I could only justify purchasing one palette...!

TwentyOneGuns Sat 09-Jan-16 10:38:07

Actually mine is Basics 2, I was confused when people said 2 was sparkly!

I have Naked one and use it pretty much everyday. I'd really like the Basics one though, as it has more matt shades.

Each I do that too - thought it was just me!

AmberNectarine Sat 09-Jan-16 16:43:20

I have naked smoky and love it. I use a couple of the lighter shades for day.

DickDewy Sat 09-Jan-16 16:47:24

I have just bought Naked Basics for the second time. It's my favourite pallette.

All but one of the colours are matte. The quality is superb - amazing considering how cheap it is.

HeffalumpTrap Sat 09-Jan-16 16:47:30

I have them all blush I love them and haven't bought any different eye shaddow since the first one came out.

I think two is my favourite. Three is slightly more pinky. They're all great. And get their Zero eyeliner too while you're at it

HeffalumpTrap Sat 09-Jan-16 16:48:03

And maybe their make up fixing spray...

rubyontherocks Sat 09-Jan-16 16:53:02

I've used urban decay shadows for years, and now have the naked 2 palette which I use most days. I know they're sparkly, but I still wear them in the daytime and think they look just fine. Though I think next time I will just buy individual pots because some of the shades in the palette don't work for me.

DorothyBastard Sat 09-Jan-16 18:22:23

I have naked 2 and love it. Brilliant pigmentation and staying power. Makeup Revolution (stocked in Superdrug) do some excellent dupes, for a fraction of the cost; about £8 a palette. They also are brilliantly pigmented, and hardly crease at all on me even with no primer.

EachandEveryone Sat 09-Jan-16 18:22:57

I have naked two and use it everyday but the only problem is the differences between each one is very subtle.

CallieTorres Sat 09-Jan-16 18:27:51

"All but one of the colours are matte. The quality is superb - amazing considering how cheap it is."

£38+ is cheap? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

CallieTorres Sat 09-Jan-16 18:28:22

Is naked basics different?

Gingefringe Sat 09-Jan-16 18:30:24

I've bought 4 individual pots and put in the 'mix & match' palette as I suspect I wouldn't use all of the shades in the Naked palettes. Urban Decay eyeshadows are the best I've ever used.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now