I have £40 M&S voucher

(27 Posts)
BeverlyGoldberg Sat 09-Jan-16 00:36:50

Any suggestions before I piss it up the wall in the food section? I'm not really into their clothes much but quite like decent accessories.

Anyone bought anything nice from there lately?

glenthebattleostrich Sat 09-Jan-16 00:38:53

Nope, hit the food hall. Or buy knickers.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sat 09-Jan-16 00:42:24

There's a brilliant thread on M&S about two down from here. On that basis I'd say 2 x dine in for £10, tights and an emergent bottle of wine.

BeverlyGoldberg Sat 09-Jan-16 00:46:06

Argh sorry didn't see the old thread.

There's really nothing decent in Marks?

I don't like their tights either so it'll be dine in for 2 plus something for DD.

Bollocks. I'm grateful for the present but I could have had more fun in house of Fraser.

NotNowBono Sat 09-Jan-16 08:22:15

Some the jewellery is fun in a sort of maaaad statement necklace way - the chunkier stuff looks like it could be Butler & Wilson but for half the price. Or you could go for an umbrella? You can never have too many umbrellas...

MamehaSan Sat 09-Jan-16 08:32:28

Bugger. I was just about to start a thread asking what to spend 80 quid's worth of M&S vouchers on. Is there nothing...?

Jojoanna Sat 09-Jan-16 08:35:45

I bought a cashmere jumper in the sale with my voucher

Dreamqueen Sat 09-Jan-16 08:36:05

the beauty section is worth a look. they have some nice brands.

Chocolateteabag Sat 09-Jan-16 09:08:49

Beauty section especially if you are shopping online.

Mind you - if you have time and patience you can strike lucky on the clothes but you need to try on and take several sizes in. I almost bought a top yesterday in a size 8 (am usually a 12) but was then "not allowed" to buy a sale top from the boys section as it had been recalled (there were about 10 still on the rack) so I gave up and flounced out

NNalreadyinuse Sat 09-Jan-16 16:18:47

They have some pretty earrings imo and the beauty section has really improved. I got lots of make up in the sale ridiculously cheaply last week. £2 for eye shadow palettes and & £1 for a concealer and tinted moisturiser.

Cheesymonster Sat 09-Jan-16 16:22:59

I want to try pixi glow toner but it's £18 so I'd buy that.

I bought my mum a purse for Xmas and was impressed with their selection.

squicketysquack Sat 09-Jan-16 16:26:02

Beauty, definitely! Ours has Pixi, Bliss, Stila, Philip Kingsley, Emma Hardie. So much good stuff!!

Saurus72 Sat 09-Jan-16 19:30:15

Rosie for Autograph silk underwear - beautiful, and they may still have a few things in the sale on the website which are brilliant value.

WinnieTheW0rm Sat 09-Jan-16 19:35:54

Nuxe in the beauty section. Huile Prodigieuse is a fantastic product, mainly because it smells wonderful.

SuckingEggs Sat 09-Jan-16 19:38:47

Nuxe
Prosecco
Fragrance
Autograph stuff
Good pants

dottyaboutstripes Sat 09-Jan-16 19:40:52

Agree they have a really good beauty dept but I'd hold on to the vouchers until a 20% off promo.
I got some gorgeous cashmere though!

trixymalixy Sat 09-Jan-16 19:42:13

Beauty stuff. Pixi glow is good and I like the rodial skincare.

AuntieStella Sat 09-Jan-16 19:50:54

This is the thread which contains many links on what not to get:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2544122-I-used-to-like-M-S-but-Im-not-surprised-they-are-struggling-to-sell-womens-clothes-WARNING-MAY-BE-UPSETTING

Though I am tempted to egg you on to take one for the team....

Madbengalmum Sat 09-Jan-16 20:02:06

Food
Drink
Pants

The Prosecco is lovely.

Rosie silk underwear, or knickers generally. Autograph tights. Or yes to beauty stuff - they have a really good selection now (one of the only good decisions their marketing people have made in the past decade).

Or Autograph black skinnies cost £39.50 and are brilliant.

AgentCooper Sat 09-Jan-16 20:04:18

Beauty dept - get yourself some lovely Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse with some left over.

TheBestChocolateIsFree Sat 09-Jan-16 20:05:50

Rosie silk underwear.
Per Una jeans are a secret gem for pear shapes so worth a look if you have a huge arse are blessed with womanly curves.
Their leather handbags are really good value IMO.
Slippers, nightwear etc.

goldface Sat 09-Jan-16 20:08:47

The new Claudia winkleman stuff is nice, lovely nail polish and hair conditioner.

Lambzig Sat 09-Jan-16 21:06:56

Emma hardie and Pixi glow tonic. The perfect cleanse and tone combo ( if they aren't out of stock).

ShelaghTurner Sat 09-Jan-16 21:09:09

I bought an amazing fleece throw there before Christmas for £40. But they're all sold out. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now