Talk

Advanced search

Help me please. What the hell do I wear?

(3 Posts)
Readytomakechanges Fri 08-Jan-16 21:14:31

I'm late twenties, 5ft3.5, size 16, chubby around the middle after 2 babies and don't like the tops of my arms or my legs.

I haven't been clothes shopping in years, but bought a few maternity items when pregnant with my now 4yo DC and still wear them now as pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit.

I'm going out for a meal and to a bar with some of the other parents from my DC's school. All glamorous ladies, aged around 30-40. I'm late 20s.

I need to do some shopping, but have no fashion sense or idea what sort of thing you wear to a bar (haven't been out since I was at uni).

I'll probably need to buy everything including shoes/boots (for wide feet) as I only have one pair of boots that have holes in, but don't have much money.

Please please give me some ideas as I'm totally lost and one to feel comfortable with how I look for the first time in years! Thanks.

ThatWentWell Fri 08-Jan-16 23:26:20

You can't go wrong with a good fitting pair of dark skinny jeans, a sheer/silk black shirt and a pair of heels, boots, or otherwise.

I think New Look have great pieces at reasonable prices. What shops can you get to?

Also, paint your nails and you'll feel a bit more glam.

ThatWentWell Fri 08-Jan-16 23:27:00

I also rate Primark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now