Talk

Advanced search

1950s style dress help!

(5 Posts)
Bellejournee Thu 07-Jan-16 20:37:11

I've been invited to celebrate a friend's birthday and the theme is 1950s - we're attending a vintage boutique for afternoon tea. I usually love a good dress up; however, my issue - i'm going to be about 29/30 weeks pregnant at the time, so struggling for ideas as what to wear! Any ideas?

KateSpadeAddict Thu 07-Jan-16 20:42:43

Could you perhaps wear a maternity pencil skirt and a wrap top to go for a kind of ‘wiggle dress’ style? Then watch some youtube tutorials for suitable hair style and accessories. I am sure your friends will forgive you if you aren’t completely on point wink . Many 50s style things have huge skirts and I don’t know how that would look covering a bump. Perhaps someone can advise. I’m off to google 50s maternity wear grin

Bellejournee Thu 07-Jan-16 20:53:06

Yes, I was thinking something like that - have found a site called lindybop and was thinking maybe a floral wrap dress or like you suggested a stretchy wiggle dress with a cardi/Neckscarf.

Love my bump, but those big skirted dresses are not going to look good at all!

KateSpadeAddict Thu 07-Jan-16 21:10:40

Yeah I was looking at lindybop too, I just think with a big skirt it might be too much...

This is cute though:
www.pinterest.com/pin/527273068844896218/

Bellejournee Thu 07-Jan-16 21:27:06

Oh I love that! If I'm going to spend money, I'd rather it be on something I can get some wear our of whether whilst pregnant or afterwards. Big skirt will just make me look unflattering huge, not pregnant huge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now