Talk

Advanced search

Boots!

(11 Posts)
bigbadbarry Thu 07-Jan-16 18:24:56

I have a birthday coming up and a cupboard full of various styles of brown boots and black ankle boots so I am on the lookout for some tall black boots. Knee-high I think (not sure I can carry off over-the-knee without looking like a principal boy - I am quite short). Low of heel so I can stomp about in them rather than only wearing them on occasions. Smartish rather than walking-bootish and I confess a slight weakness for victorian-style laces (but I do want leather rather than PU: for some reason victorian steampunky boots seem to be fake). Has anybody seen any likely candidates out there?

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Jan-16 09:41:38

Did I ask something inappropriate?
Bump.

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Fri 08-Jan-16 09:47:12

Doc Martens Aimilie / Aimilita? Not quite knee-length though. I don't have them but have been coveting them for ages.

here

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Fri 08-Jan-16 09:48:49

Possibly not smart enough I guess, thinking about it!

I ordered these as a treat to myself but they're not lace-up.

Elizarome Fri 08-Jan-16 09:49:09

Try Dream in Green - they have some lovely vegetable-tanned (more ethical than chrome tanning, which is an a disaster for the environment) leather lace-up boots.

RavenQueen Fri 08-Jan-16 09:55:36

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LD3JS60/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1452246835&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=fly+london+suli&dpPl=1&dpID=41DPgYXStnL&ref=plSrch

Not lace up but I brought these recently they are so comfy

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Jan-16 10:04:54

Docs not smart enough ants but thank you for replying. Raven, I am extremely wary of Fly after a winter when I nearly got trench foot! People tell me they are more waterproof these days but I remain sceptical.
Dream in green looks more promising. Am I being odd to prefer leather? Maybe it is misguided. All the nice boots seem not to be.

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Jan-16 10:05:33

I like your treat ones Ants

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Jan-16 10:14:40

Oh but they haven't got a size 5 sad

spaceyboo Fri 08-Jan-16 10:26:11

Aldo have some really nice ones.

RavenQueen Fri 08-Jan-16 19:49:07

I did get caught in torrential rain without waterproofing these boots and they were fine. You can get these boots with sheepskin lining in. I've never had Fly before but I did need to go up a size

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now