Talk

Advanced search

People who know perfumes please can you advise

(8 Posts)
majorremodelling101 Thu 07-Jan-16 11:04:02

If I like Jo Malone Bay and Blackberry, what else might I like?

I particularly like it when its newly on and is more fresh rather than sweet (which it becomes later). It smells of green, early summer mornings, sour unripe brambles and joy... :D

Having avoided perfume as department stores give me headaches I was so excited to find something I wanted to smell of! Now I am curious, perhaps there is more to perfume than Poison and its overpowering neighbours in John Lewis...

Amrapaali Thu 07-Jan-16 12:25:17

Tom Ford Italian Cypress. Smells very green and the dry-down isn't woodsy or musky like most other perfumes. Can till smell the raw, fresh greeny feeling the next day.

Try a sample. You may find it too soapy or too male cologne. But I just adore it!! My skin doesn't (reacts very weirdly) but I cant let go. I now use it on clothing and hair....

FrinkingIt Thu 07-Jan-16 12:31:26

My first thought was Guerlain's Herba Fresca - (it's supposed to be green tea and mint but it doesn't smell of that it smells almost of wet summer grass through the lens of perfume IYSWIM) it is very fresh and green and somehow warm at the same time, and feels like early summer mornings.

I also like Hermes Un Jardin series, my favourite is Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, which again is fresh and green but sort of exotic and lush at the same time.

DonkeyOaty Thu 07-Jan-16 12:43:10

yy herba fresca and Jardin sur nil. Also Hermes Jardin apres mousson (sp)

majorremodelling101 Thu 07-Jan-16 13:26:15

Oooh! Thank you very much for recommendations, I am so excited by this new world of scent. I don't know where I will find them to try though as nearest department stores have none of the above.

LazySusan11 Thu 07-Jan-16 21:35:21

Diptique Eau Duelle, surprised how much I like it given I am not a vanilla fan but it has a lovely depth to it from frankincense and pink peppercorn it's a really warm and lovely scent not at all sweet.

MadameOvary Thu 07-Jan-16 22:33:07

Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'Eau is lovely too (my personal fave)

majorremodelling101 Fri 08-Jan-16 11:08:50

Thank you, I have a list to seek out now. I had entirely forgotten the excitement of applying perfume, I last did when 17 and I am tapping into that same feeling more than 20 years later, bonus, its so much more than just the smell!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now