Talk

Advanced search

what would you wear with these boots?

(13 Posts)
Donge13 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:22:12

Was given these boots for Xmas, that are not my normal style, so could I have some suggestions what to wear them with please. Would it be skinny jeans only? http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Linea+Taplow+leather+riding+boots/228230948,default,pd.html

Greengardenpixie Wed 06-Jan-16 22:24:23

Knne length skirt, casual dress. I dont like the knee high boots tucked into skinnies look tbh but many do.

Greengardenpixie Wed 06-Jan-16 22:26:26

uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=riding%20boots%20outfit&rs=typed&term_meta%5B%5D=riding%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=boots%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=outfit%7Ctyped

Pinterest is good for inspiration!

Greengardenpixie Wed 06-Jan-16 22:26:47

Knee length a-line button through denim skirt?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Wed 06-Jan-16 22:29:56

I love those boots.

I'd wear with thick tights and a dress / skirt

Donge13 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:31:55

I've not worn them yet as I was unsure if they would look ok with a dress or skirt.

kathrunneth Wed 06-Jan-16 22:52:47

You could look at the TheMomEdit blog for some inspiration. The blog now has a few contributors of different heights/sizes/styles so it's interesting to see how different people style things and I've seen them all in longer boots.

Having said that, I have similar boots which I never wear. I don't really like the 70s vibe on me - although I love it on others, sadly long skirts do nothing for me. However I wear mine, they just make me feel too mumsy (I'm in denial - of course, I am probably very mumsy anyway!). So I'd take a look at Pinterest and some blogs but unless you're likely to try any of the looks in real life, I'd suggest you resell them and buy something you love instead. Sorry it's a bit Konmari but if you don't love them, move them on and make space for shoes you love and will wear all the time!

Donge13 Wed 06-Jan-16 23:20:21

Kath I would normally ask for something to be exchanged but dd2 18 had saved up and bought me these boots so I am going to find something to wear them and I don't dislike them just unsure how to style them

Greengardenpixie Wed 06-Jan-16 23:33:36

Thats very sweet of yor dd smile I think you will find quite a few things that look good with them.

kathrunneth Wed 06-Jan-16 23:36:29

I really like them too Donge13 (just not on me). That's so sweet of her - hope you find some wonderful new looks for them. Enjoy!

SparePantsAndLego Wed 06-Jan-16 23:50:35

They're lovely! I'd wear them with everything. Try them with what you already have in your wardrobe with either thick back or dark brown tights. Definitely with skinnies, blue, black or grey would all look good. Your DD is thoughtful with good taste, could she train my DH?!

SparePantsAndLego Wed 06-Jan-16 23:51:14

black not back!

HeffalumpTrap Wed 06-Jan-16 23:55:42

I have some similar ones and the honest answer is I find them so comfortable, warm, sturdy and water proof that I wear them with whatever I can get away with! Often skinny jeans tucked in to the boots - I think it looks good (awaits judgement) or with tights and a skirt or shorter length dress. Leggings and a long top too!

And definitely nice big thick socks if you have the room in them! The

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now