leather leggings - easy to alter?

(6 Posts)
GatherlyGal Tue 05-Jan-16 21:51:59

I have acquired some bargainous leather leggings in the Boden sale. They are too big sad.

Thing is they are sold out and fab quality so should I get them taken in? £140 (down from about £300) seems too good to miss and I can't find any anywhere else for under £300.

Will it be easy to get them taken in? Anyone had leather altered?

Longleggedlovely Tue 05-Jan-16 22:14:39

If they are leather (and I would hope so given the price!) they should be fine if professionally done and it's just seams or a dart. If they are pleather (like mine!) then I wouldn't risk it as they'll tear really easily. I would take them somewhere good and ask a professional opinion tho!

Love my leggings - good choice!

HappyGirlNow Tue 05-Jan-16 22:22:57

Not quite the same but husband and I ride motorbikes and often have leathers altered so yes, it can be done grin

GatherlyGal Wed 06-Jan-16 17:44:21

Right will take them to local place and see what they can do.
Cheers

amarmai Wed 06-Jan-16 23:01:46

if you have access to a sewing machine , the needle for leather is triangular in shape. I think a cotton wrapped over poly thread wd be gentler to the leather.

GatherlyGal Thu 07-Jan-16 18:37:03

Well they are back in stock in a smaller size so am giving them a whirl.

If smaller size is not good I'll probably find some fake (much cheaper) ones.

Definitely not attempting to do any sewing machine business myself much too scary smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now