Talk

Advanced search

Anyone plus size but tall? What's your day to day outfits like?

(5 Posts)
MiamiNaice Tue 05-Jan-16 16:17:50

I'm in my 30's and about 6ft but also size 20 sad I was a 16 before I had DD 3 years ago and really struggling to lose although I'm working on it!
I like casual and comfy but feel I get it wrong most days and end up frump or weird my self esteem prob doesn't help but wondering if anyone else like me? I spread my weight all over so I'm fat but in proportion grin

Potterwolfie Tue 05-Jan-16 17:11:25

I have a friend who's tall and about a size 20 or 22, she looks great in boot cut dark jeans that fit her shape, and a long sleeved jersey scooped neck t shirt or top which again, shows her figure rather than hides it.

She's in proportion like you, and wears well fitting clothes in the right proportions, such as longer to the hip rather than to the waist. And she accessorises really well with bright scarves or jewellery. Maybe take a look on Pinterest and put in some key search words to look for inspiration?

Shantotto Tue 05-Jan-16 18:28:18

I need help too! I'm an 18 and 6ft, have a 5 month old DS.

I managed to buy some skinny jeans and a more relaxed for pair from next and Asos tall ranges by the fit isn't perfect - I was just desperate!

Also bought some button shirts for when I BF. But that's all I have that fits me! I did buy a nice tube skirt from long tall Sally - the TTYA range, but hardly wear as don't have anything to go on top!

It's such a struggle being so tall and an 18 with giant hips and bum!

soupmaker Tue 05-Jan-16 22:26:51

I'm 5' 10' and a size 18. I'm an apple shape, so it's my tummy that is the big problem. My 'uniform' is skinny jeans, heeled ankle boots, stripy t-shirts in heavy cotton, and a fitted blazer. The blazer gives me a waist. When dressing more casual I use a couple of cashmere cardigans instead of the blazer. I wear a large silk pashmina as a scarf to help draw the eye away from my tummy too. I also make sure I have properly fitted bras - makes a massive difference.

soupmaker Tue 05-Jan-16 22:31:21

When BFing DD1 I wore vests from H&M to cover my massive tummy and wore thin cotton short sleeved jumpers in summer, mostly from GAP, and woolly ones in winter or oversized sweatshirts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now