Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I put leather shoe protector on a leather handbag?

(5 Posts)
MummySparkle Sun 03-Jan-16 19:34:31

I got a new leather handbag for ageist as. It's a dark mushroom colour, classic chopper shape and made from buttery soft washed leather.

Took it out in the rain for the first time today and the rain soaks in shock Can I put clear leather shoe protector on it to protect it a bit? Or would I be better off using a leather sofa protector? or should I just have bought a stiff leather one to start with?!

Before I wreck my gorgeous new bag, has anybody tried this?

MummySparkle Sun 03-Jan-16 19:35:12

hmm 'For Christmas' that should say. No idea what my phone is on about!!

Laska5772 Sun 03-Jan-16 19:51:22

I used leather protector spray from Clarks on my new Radley handbag which i got early December , and it has been fine..it didnt change the colour and has repelled the rain ,
( however my bag is dark purple, perhaps just try a bit on a part which wont be noticed ,,)

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 03-Jan-16 19:52:36

I tend to use sofa protector as that's always to hand but have also used shoe protector at times to make bags more water resistant. It's basically leather protector, it doesn't matter what the item is made into.

MummySparkle Sun 03-Jan-16 20:07:54

Ahh phew! I thought it probably would be okay. I wanted to double check it wasn't a massive no-no before I went ahead!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now