Talk

Advanced search

Please help- multi headed spot beast

(16 Posts)
misslemonsfilingcabinet Sun 03-Jan-16 15:16:27

This really isn't a klaxon thread and no photos. Too blush. I have horrible hormonal chin spots and on of them is pea sized and angry. I was determined to leave it and then part of it came to a head and burst... I thought that might be it but a second deeper head is there. It oozed a bit more and I squeezed today and made it all much worse. It's not angry and unexploded with an oozing scabby section with the rest still deep and angry.

I'm 35 and work in a client facing responsible job. I have a series of important conversations to have tomorrow. These spots are uncoverable with angry ooze or bright red and shiny with scabby bits.

Is there anything I can do to make the angry deep seated (unsqueezable and not "ready") part die down. Sorry for the graphic detail but I'm so fed up of these angry, ugly welts on my face...

Any cover up tips also welcome for oozy, scabby shiny boils sad

Clarabumps Sun 03-Jan-16 15:40:42

Have you had a lot of sugar or fruit recently?
I use origins salycylic acid spot remover gel. It's £15 for a tiny wee tub but it's good as it creates a film over the top of the spot and ive found spots easier to cover.
No amount of Sudocrem or toothpaste is going to make any difference I'm afraid.
Have a look at Caroline Hirons cheet sheets on spots/acne. She gives good advice.
flowersbrewcake
You have my sympathy. I get them as well.

misslemonsfilingcabinet Sun 03-Jan-16 15:49:25

Thanks Clara. No diet changes, maybe it's just the winter. Thanks so much I'll try and get to Boots tomorrow. Dismal isn't it. I get the occasional problem spot but the last few months have been grim and this one is a whole new level of awful! flowers to you to

Arfarfanarf Sun 03-Jan-16 15:50:45

Try toothpaste to dry it out.

And please post a pic. We wont judge grin

misslemonsfilingcabinet Sun 03-Jan-16 15:57:08

No way arf! Imagine a large pea sized spots with 2, maybe 3 heads. One has exploded so there is a scabby bit. The rest is tense and shiny and a bit oozy. It is very inflamed and disgusting wink
Thanks I fear the toothpaste won't work (past experience) but I'll try it again. easier to cover if dry I guess

Ready123 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:01:31

I feel your pain!
I don't know that there is much that really helps apart from keeping it clean, using Salicylic acid (as suggested above) and trying not to disturb it.
However, it will definitely be less noticeable than you think to everyone else. One of the best tips I have read is to focus on making the rest of your skin looking as good as possible - eg dewy highlighter, nice makeup. If you can possibly cope with leaving it alone for a few days then it will go soon, but I know that is much easier said than done (and not something I am ever able to do!)

Florene Sun 03-Jan-16 16:03:33

Dettol. Will see the bastard off.

Arfarfanarf Sun 03-Jan-16 16:06:45

Tease grin
Witch hazel?
Ice to reduce swelling?
Clay mask?

hiccupgirl Sun 03-Jan-16 17:24:46

Lots of sympathy as I get these too. Nothing covers the little buggers when they're all hot and shiny.

I have to admit that I stick a sterilised pin into them to get the gunk out if possible. It makes them messy for a day or two but they heal up much quicker and I haven't had any problems with scarring - if I don't pop them, they tend to leave a lump for ages anyway.

For tomorrow I'd go for leaving it alone as much as possible and try a cold compress or ice to try and take some of the swelling out.

maybemyrtle Sun 03-Jan-16 17:50:02

TCP. Stinks but works. Also leave a hydrocolloid plaster (usually for blisters I think) on overnight, they really do drain opened volcanos. Try the "dotz" ones from eBay or Amazon next time. It'll probably have calmed down by the morning anyway - good luck.

misslemonsfilingcabinet Sun 03-Jan-16 17:54:14

Thanks for all the sympathy, I'll dig out some dettol and a blister plaster. It can't really get any worse. I've just spend a long time with volumising hair products and hoping to distract with miss lemon, the one with the astonishingly large hair rather than oh miss lemon, the one with the astonishingly large spot. Might go with some peculiar eyeshadow to fool the eye further....pah. Spots and wrinkles. Sucks

Dungandbother Sun 03-Jan-16 18:16:33

I've been taking Agnus Castus for my chin volcanoes

It definitely helps. I took it solidly three months and didn't get any spots after month 2.

Then sort of forgot and they came back at month 5.

Back on the Agnus !
But just had my coil changed so my skin is having a protest march right now.

And I also double cleanse now as per Caroline Hirons. Always double cleanse as soon as you get home and cleanse in morning too.

Rainbowglow Sun 03-Jan-16 19:01:16

Take a cup of boiling water and a few cotton buds. Dip the cotton bud heads (use the head just once) and press on the spot. Continue several times. Usually the spot head will burst and drain without you having to squeeze it. Then swip over with lots of antiseptic or zinc oxide and leave overnight.

LazySusan11 Wed 06-Jan-16 07:45:21

Take an antihistamine for skin allergies, will help make everything less red. Salicylic acid I find LRP duo brilliant for bringing spots to a head. Hopefully by now though all should be calmer smile

taybert Wed 06-Jan-16 09:29:24

No tips I'm afraid though I find mineral make up seems to cover all kids of spots well as it doesn't cake as much as normal foundation.
If you get spots like this often it'd be worth seeing your GP, there are treatments available which can help. Adult acne is no fun!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 06-Jan-16 12:11:48

Poor you and hope Monday went ok, just seen this.

I was you a year ago. New multi-headed spots every day, in chin area, obviously hormonal. I ended up seeing a private dermatologist, but only because I was about to get married and was desperate for the treatment to be quick - didn't want to wait for an NHS referral. Silly me should have gone earlier. Anyway, if I were you I'd go to the GP and they'll sort you out, there's lots they can do. I have not had a single spot in months now, so getting proper medical advice is well worth it. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now