Seche vite, how long for fully dry nails?

(12 Posts)
lorelei9 Sun 03-Jan-16 12:06:52

How long does it take to dry nails fully, to the extent that you can just, well, do stuff? I'm trying it today. Thanks.

Lottapianos Sun 03-Jan-16 12:48:58

It will be touch dry after 5-10 but would wait at least another 10 mins before carrying on as normal. Its great stuff, enjoy

maybemyrtle Sun 03-Jan-16 13:58:17

I would say faster than that actually, touch dry in two minutes, resume normal life in 10-15. It prob depends on the varnish underneath too, I apply several thin coats rather than one thick.

SellFridges Sun 03-Jan-16 15:17:45

I prefer te Sally Hanson Insta Dry stuff. That's dry in seconds and I've made a bed within five mins. I've had more mixed results with Seche vite.

lorelei9 Sun 03-Jan-16 16:12:01

thanks all
I didn't get much result from Sally Hansen insta dry - certainly couldn't have made the bed after 20 mins, much less 5. Funny how these things work.

I'll do it at the end of the day to be on the safe side, but 20 minutes would be great, hope it works.

Trills Sun 03-Jan-16 16:16:28

I also much prefer the Sally Hansen one - if it's the one in the red bottle that you are talking about.

CointreauVersial Sun 03-Jan-16 21:33:49

It's lightning fast. Dries within a couple of minutes.

mrslebon Sun 03-Jan-16 22:43:55

I just don't get the Seche Vite hype. I find it makes my nail varnish peel off after a day or so. Gutted. I seriously need to find the holy grail combo of long-lasting nail varnish plus hard-wearing top coat.

imtheonlyone Sun 03-Jan-16 22:51:08

Invest in an led gel machine - that's what I've done and it's revolutionised my life. You can pick them up fairly cheaply these days, think mine was £25-!30. Nails dry instantly and last at least two weeks! Worth the money

WicksEnd Sun 03-Jan-16 23:33:34

Best way to stop nail varnish from chipping is base>varnish>base> varnish>seche vite. But make sure the seche vite goes over the top edge of your nail to prevent it from shrinking and peeling the varnish.
Dries in about 5-10 min.

lorelei9 Mon 04-Jan-16 02:39:06

I'm actually giving nails a break from gel
I used it, thought it v good but smells a bit like fish plus varnish!!

mrslebon Mon 04-Jan-16 13:16:56

Never thought of layering WicksEnd so will try that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now