Talk

Advanced search

URGENT Hairdressing advice needed!! My hair has turned BLUE! YES BLUE!!

(7 Posts)
Laddersinmybloodytights Sun 03-Jan-16 10:45:43

Ok, so have had ridiculous hair for about 6 years, went from jet black to gradually lightening it and bleached to get to the brightest red possible (think Jodie Marsh when she had red hair, but mine was nicer, obvs grin)

So have had bright red, dark red, pink, violet, red again,purply red, shades of blue went to blonde, didn't like it so put a really vibrant purple on. All semi permanent shades by 'Directions'. Most bleaching sessions done with hairdressers.

Totally sick of the upkeep, been letting it wash out for a couple weeks and so decided on Friday to start using 'Colour B4'.

And after 3 applications of the extra strength stuff the top 6in of hair looks ok, but the length has turned fucking minging greeny blue student that doesn't keep their blue hair nice horrible BLUE!!!!

I have a semi permanent dark ash blonde to put on, the packs reccomend an ash tone to dilute whatever, is this going to work or am I going to have to put a dark brown shade on?! I want to keep as light as possible if possible.

Work tomorrow, meetings etc. I look like a twat, considering phoning in sick.

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllp!!

CallieTorres Sun 03-Jan-16 10:48:09

photos needed!

Ash will make it greener, you probably need a warmer colour (not a hairdresser though)

ImNotShpanishImEgyptshun Sun 03-Jan-16 12:20:42

If all else fails, you're going to need to nip out and get a chestnut brown to dump on top. Maybe a red? It might just make the blue appear dark at the ends. Something like a directions, nothing permanent that penetrates your hair shaft deeply.

Laddersinmybloodytights Sun 03-Jan-16 12:39:49

Well, I've got the blonde on now to see what that does. I must've picked up the wrong bloody box as it's 'honey blonde' not 'dark ash' as I thought.

I've found my emergency stash of 'blue-black' that I kept hidden incase I ever had a disaster, don't want to go that dark again, but it's there just incase!

The trimmers I used on the horses face yesterday are now giving me ideas

I may still phone in sick and try and get a hair appointment tomorrow a hundred miles away so I don't get fired for skiving. Blue hair counts as needing emergency time off right?? blush

MagpieCursedTea Sun 03-Jan-16 12:56:55

I spent a week at work with greeny brown hair recently after using colour b4 to strip purple dye blush
It went blue-green when I stripped the colour so I put dark blonde on it and that was the result.
I did another round of colour b4 and then more blonde and it fixed it.
I love putting different colours in my hair but it's so damaged now from all the bleaching and stripping. I'm trying to take a break from dying it but it's so boring!

Best of luck, if I was your boss I'd give you the day off!

CadburysTastesVileNow Sun 03-Jan-16 15:36:01

Age 40 years and take up bingo, is the best I can offer

Laddersinmybloodytights Sun 03-Jan-16 18:24:01

Well the blonde dye took some more colour out, not enough though so slapped on the good old blue-black, feeling a bit sad that I have 'normal' coloured hair! Haha!
It's only hair! Going to get a drastic chop I think and start over, hopefully this will wash out soon enough and can slowly start to go lighter again! I've never had so many showers in one day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now