Talk

Advanced search

Relaxing candles that smell fabulous and last, where can I find them?

(47 Posts)
MissMiss1 Sat 02-Jan-16 20:41:02

I've tried many different candles and have found that most have a synthetic smell that doesn't last for long. I want a lovely relaxing scent, that burns bright and lasts.

What ones do you use?

wickedlazy Sat 02-Jan-16 20:51:40

I have a few wax burners from pound shop, get a bag of 8 hour tealights when I pass, and have loads of the small yankee candle wax bars from last year. They weren't too expensive, and last ages. I have different smells in different areas. Living room and hallway the same, different stronger one in kitchen and bathroom. Got a big christmas cookie yankee candle and in bed with it burning on bedside table now. You stop smelling it after a while, but when you leave room and come back in it's lovely. Also have the plug in wax burner which is nice, and equally lovely smell, but I like a flame.

EmilyPunkhurst Sat 02-Jan-16 20:52:44

I like Neom. They're £££ though. Sadly.

Blueprintorange Sat 02-Jan-16 20:55:35

Candlewick greens wax is amazing, so many different scents to choose from. I can't link as I'm on iPhone, but it will come up if you search for candlewick greens candles.

FlatOnTheHill Sat 02-Jan-16 20:56:19

Parkes candles are lovely smelling. They have a tasteful smelling scent and last.

NeuNewNouveau Sat 02-Jan-16 20:57:57

These ones smel really nice and seem to last well.

www.kiss-air.com

Wilding Sat 02-Jan-16 20:58:16

Yep, Neom are fabulous. The best I've tried apart from Diptyque.

They are v expensive but you can sometimes find them in TK Maxx for half price. Just got a triple-wicked one for £18 which I was very happy about.

ivejusthadacake Sat 02-Jan-16 20:59:23

wax lyrical are my new favourite candles. £6 for a small tin. i have the orange-y ones. great smell when burnt as perfume seems to be well distributed around the wax. im also going to try the northumbrian candleworks candles soon too. they are soy so thats a bonus as less sooty.

usual Sat 02-Jan-16 21:01:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DancingDuck Sat 02-Jan-16 21:04:20

I like Paddywax - soy based candles - mid price, gorgeous scents - their basil and cucumber is really cleansing for new year. Best ever is Diptyche's Verveine but it is £££. I'm not keen on Neom. They are very expensive but smell synthetic to me.

NapoleonsNose Sat 02-Jan-16 21:06:47

I was given a Rick Stein scented candle for Christmas and it actually smells. So many scented candles I've had before smell of nothing when lit. I think they are quite reasonably priced too.

www.rickstein.com/product/candle-gift-set-mix-and-match/

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 02-Jan-16 21:08:36

Molton Brown are my favourite, although Sainsbury's own are probably a close 2nd.

dementedma Sat 02-Jan-16 21:08:57

Isle of Skye candles.

Cabawill Sat 02-Jan-16 21:10:38

Another Neom fan but they are expensive. You don't get that synthetic smell though and when I've got them on people often comment it smells like a lovely spa.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 02-Jan-16 21:12:28

That is amazing - Rick Stein selling scented candles!

I have been sticking to Heyland & Whittle, but fancy a change.

Rainbowglow Sat 02-Jan-16 21:20:37

I got given some Oliver Bonas candles as a gift. I was very surprised. Good scents. Otherwise I am a Neom or Diptyque fan. Tried Jo Malone once. Very disappointed.

FreeButtonBee Sat 02-Jan-16 21:22:44

I like Miller Harris ones - currently got feuille de tabac burning. Also like the tuberose one too.

DancingDuck Sat 02-Jan-16 21:28:02

I was given some Oak Hills for Christmas. They scented the house out even before they were lit. About £25 each with quite powerful but not synthetic smells. The fig and walnut is lovely.

Fallulah Sat 02-Jan-16 21:30:59

I have two Sainsburys ones currently and am so impressed with how good the scent is. One is the Christmas pudding bowl one and the other is a big round flattish one. Much better than Yankee imo.

ThomasSofty Sun 03-Jan-16 10:36:49

Another vote for Neom from me. The 'real luxury' candle is my favourite, and smells absolutely gorgeous. Neom are having a sale at the moment, and I snapped up a few different scents at good prices. I like getting the small travel sized, so you can try them without spending mega bucks on the larger candles. They make nice gifts too!

Allgunsblazing Sun 03-Jan-16 10:39:30

Miller Harris are very good.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 03-Jan-16 13:12:27

Parks Original
It is a beautiful scent.
Sometimes available with huge discount on Secret Sales.
Their Hyacinth is lovely too if you love the scent of hyacinths as I do.
Max Benjamin Mimosa is lovely too.
Neeom Moroccan Rose is also lovely.
I think all the above are organic and better for the environment.
Cheaper are Yankee Vanilla Lime and Egyptian Musk. They too are nice.
I loved Yankee Vanilla Lavender but it has been discontinued so I mix my own using Yankee pop tarts.
I like my candles smile

CuttedUpPear Sun 03-Jan-16 13:18:03

Maybe Rick Stein started selling candles to get rid of the smell of fish? grin

hollinhurst84 Sun 03-Jan-16 13:19:52

Candlewick greens wax tarts. I won't use any other

maybemyrtle Sun 03-Jan-16 13:53:16

I like Neom, Parks, This Works and Paddywax - all from TK Maxx.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: