Talk

Advanced search

Superdrug!!! What do I need?

(38 Posts)
ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sat 02-Jan-16 12:18:21

Lurked and posted on numerous Superdrug bargainous threads and now am near one for the last time until August.... I've bought:
Vit E hotcloth (don't like the radiance one but thought would try this)
Vit E balm thing
Vit E and manuka body cream
Nip and Fab set in sale (£8 for cleanser and 60glycolic pads)

So, what else? Am interested in both skincare and makeup. Want in particular a highlighter, blusher, mazzie, lippy recommendations etc.

OldJoseph Sat 02-Jan-16 13:21:18

I love Superdrug, I'd recommend their Simply Pure hydrating serum and their Vitamin E moisture boost facial serum.

vanillabeauty Sat 02-Jan-16 13:25:15

MUA lipsticks are £1 smile

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 13:28:20

Colour effects wash in wash out colour. I have quite a bit of grey but have been using this instead of shampoo and it is eventually giving me lovely coppery highlights on my grey bits. Have just ordered another 4 to keep me going. I saw someone at work and their hair looked amazing. I asked if she had streaks done and she told me of the superdrug stuff.

Buttercup27 Sat 02-Jan-16 13:29:24

Their bb cream is really good.

FelicityFixIt Sat 02-Jan-16 13:31:08

Have a look over at MrsGloss&TheGoss on Facebook. There are loads of threads detailing Superdrug best buys

Mammabear31 Sat 02-Jan-16 13:33:29

Anything from the revolution make up range. Bargainous and such good quality. I'd especially recommend their eyeshadow palettes and their finishing powder.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sat 02-Jan-16 13:41:23

Oh Yes, the Pure stuff, I had that last year, it was lovely, will stock up. I hadn't thought about hair, will have a rummage....
Am very ridiculously excited. Where I live we get Nivea or Pantene, Rimmel or Dior.... And you can't rummage!

RozTheSchnoz Sat 02-Jan-16 13:42:29

MUA blushers are good - also £1

OldJoseph Sat 02-Jan-16 13:45:46

Their B-Range has a tubing mascara. Can't recommend as I haven't tried it, but I plan to.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sat 02-Jan-16 14:01:33

Am writing all this down and reading mrs gloss as well! I may be some time!

GloriaSmellens Sat 02-Jan-16 14:04:46

3 words:

Make
Up
Revolution

(Can you tell I'm on the Mrs Gloss group?) grin

MUA £1 lipsticks, especially (I think) Shade 11 - will check if you want me to.
Natural Radiance (green packaging) glycolic peel and face mask
The MUA bronzer in the lightest shade served me quite well in the summer, when I had a tiny bit of a tan.

Can anybody tell me the best little brow kit that they do, please? I tried the MUA one but didn't love it.

Talisin Sat 02-Jan-16 14:23:33

The Sleek brow kit is very good and comes in 3 different colours.

FelicityFixIt Sat 02-Jan-16 17:31:16

grin at thenlater... Lock away your purse Or something. It's bloody addictive that place

FelicityFixIt Sat 02-Jan-16 17:31:42

Gloria .. Yes, it's obvious ; )

Purplehonesty Sat 02-Jan-16 18:05:31

Vitamin e eye cream

Donge13 Sat 02-Jan-16 18:30:23

Green can you use that colour stuff on already coloured hair?

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:48:30

Well i am using it smile My hair has been coloured for years and years now. Actually some people reviewing it have said that it means they need to dye their hair less. Gives some longevity to their already coloured hair and peps it up a bit between dyes.
Tbh, i love the colour that i have chosen which is copper gold. It is perhaps too light for me as i need to be careful that my roots [which are growing in grey] are not lighter than the rest of my hair. For now, i have looked at it in daylight and it seems ok. It gives a lovely shine too. I have ordered some of the darker colour to see what i like the best. I love the colour of the copper though.

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:51:34

It does say you shouldnt use it on grey hair in the small print but i ignored it. I suppose they mean, if you have a full head of grey hair and dye it, you could kind of end up with a pale gingery colour. For me, i kind of have grey streaks and with repetative dying of the copper, it is dying the grey a pale auburn which is the effect the lady at my work had and i thought it looked beautiful. I use it instead of shampoo when i wash my hair. Then i condition and that it.

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 19:52:46

*after that.
I am pissed off using dyes and sitting there with them in my hair so am trying this out as an alternative.

thenightsky Sat 02-Jan-16 19:53:42

green How many shampoos do you get out of a bottle of Colour Effects? I'm tempted to try but worried it will work out expensive as I shampoo mine 5 times a week due to exercise related sweat soaked hair.

Donge13 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:56:38

Thanks green I think I need to give this a try. I am also sick of doing my roots every 10 days! I'm dark brown so would you have a recommendation for a colour? Does it come in different colours?

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 20:03:41

Well i got about 4 or 5 washes. It reminds me of the old shaders and toners you used to get showing my age

The colour builds up as you use it so you wont get anything drastic. You can also leave it on for longer.
Colour wise, It depends upon what you like really. They are so cheap anyway. Worth a try. It has made the dye on my hair lovely and fresh again smile

www.superdrug.com/Superdrug-Hair-Colourants/Superdrug-Colour-Effects/c/sdcoloureffects

Greengardenpixie Sat 02-Jan-16 20:04:54

I would probably start with something that is similar to the depth of your own colour [ dont want you to have light roots!!!!]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now