Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend your shampoo/conditioner

(29 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Sat 02-Jan-16 11:43:57

For my flat, thin, lifeless blonde hair.

I've used herbal essences for years but it has no silicone and I'm wondering if this is causing the lack of shine/life/body/colour

Needs to be a reasonably cheap brand please
Oh and I wash my hair every day

Rpj16 Sat 02-Jan-16 12:04:25

Aussie Mega shampoo

or

Lush shampoo bars. There was a green seaweedy one that was good, looked gross tho! but smelt nice like mint smile

Both leave no build up which can make hair flat. (lush bar is expensive but lasts forever.) They're both around £5, but worth it imo.

Deux Sat 02-Jan-16 12:05:26

Another vote for Aussie Mega here too. Always leaves my hair shiny.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 02-Jan-16 13:50:42

Thanks will give Aussie mega a try then
My hair looks bloody awful at the moment

mrsmugoo Sat 02-Jan-16 13:52:56

I use Lush Daddy-O - It's violet toned to keep brassiness away. I rarely use conditioner as it weighs my hair down.

southeastastra Sat 02-Jan-16 13:54:03

quite like the klorane cammomile shampoo, you can usually get in independent chemists

hazeyjane Sat 02-Jan-16 13:57:35

Another vote for lush Daddy-O - smells like parma violets, takes away brassinees, stops my bleached to buggery blonde hair looking like frizzed up dolls hair.

Use with the Daddy-O conditioner bar, both last for ages. (I use it on the kids hair too so i can sit and sniff their heads.)

Madbengalmum Sat 02-Jan-16 14:01:33

Kerastase cristaliste, fantastic for thin flat hair.

Louise43210 Sat 02-Jan-16 14:06:15

Ultimate Blends in most supermarkets.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Sat 02-Jan-16 14:07:36

Not cheap I'm afraid, but i love Liz Earle .You need such a tiny amount that it works out cheaper, but the cost of a tube is pricey. Since using it I find I don't need to wash every day, which also helps keep costs down .

Pupsiecola Sat 02-Jan-16 14:24:33

I've just changed from Pureology to Living Proof. Both have been fab (and are expensive, but you need the tinest amount). I have a lot of wavy hair. I decided to ditch products with silicone and keratin a couple of years ago. After a period of adjustment I don't regret it one bit. My husband and kids use various ones from the OGX range; I but them when they're on offer. Their hair always looks shiny and healthy.

Rueben Sat 02-Jan-16 15:16:14

I recently discovered the brand happy hair days from Sainsburys - the argan oil and keratin super smooth are my favs smile

Reasonably priced, and they're often on offer too (£4 I think)

Cheesymonster Sat 02-Jan-16 17:52:43

I have the same hair as you and am using Charles Worthington volumising shampoo and conditioner. It was on 3 for 2 in Boots so I got the mousse too.

OldJoseph Sat 02-Jan-16 18:11:30

stupid I'm interested in the Liz Earle shampoo. I'm keen not to wash every day but it's a habit I can't seem to break (dry shampoo make my hair static). What is your hair type (mine is straight and fine) and do you buy the Botanical Shine shampoo?

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Sat 02-Jan-16 18:56:21

Grow gorgeous

I have to order it from boots and it is £20 a bottle but is shampoo and conditioner. It's amazing stuff.

Footle Sat 02-Jan-16 19:03:05

My hair is fine and limp, need a bit of conditioner to get a comb through it when wet. Hairdresser says better not to use any, but I'm using a very small amount of Simple, which I've decanted into a different bottle because it comes out of the original one in big squelchy dollops.
Shampoo is Aveda rosemary and mint, expensive but I get a litre bottle about once a year, on eBay.

HeyMicky Sat 02-Jan-16 19:03:59

Elvive Fibrology. Plus baby shampoo once a week to get rid of build up.

I also reverse wash, using any old conditioner, which has probably made the biggest difference to how full my hair looks

Bananajam Sat 02-Jan-16 19:16:58

I use Elvive Fibrology too, it works really well on my thick but fine hair. I've tried Liz Earle but it doesn't leave my hair as thick or shiny.

Bananajam Sat 02-Jan-16 19:18:17

I have also stopped washing my hair so often. It's roughly once every 3-4 days instead of every other day which helps

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sat 02-Jan-16 19:19:00

Pureology volume or Aussie.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Sat 02-Jan-16 21:21:34

Old, my hair is short and grey, though I do colour it .It is naturally quite thick .Liz Earle only makes the one shampoo but does several conditioners .I use the one for dry/coloured hair .It is really thick and feels like putting handcream on. I usually wash my hair in the shower, one wash, then allow conditioner to work what I wash .When I blowdry I use a little of the L E hair oil to give added protection against the heat. It was my hairdresser who recommended cutting down on how often I wash my hair, as I want it to still look good as I get older (in my 50's now) . After the first couple of weeks I can't say it looks any worse than when I used to wash it daily and it is definitely in better condition.

Rainbowglow Sat 02-Jan-16 21:24:53

Philip Kinsgley body building shampoo is a favourite. I also like Liz Earle shampoo. Lasts for ages and leaves my hair shiny. And Living Proof (expensive) but the volume one is good.

BabyGanoush Sat 02-Jan-16 21:25:43

Aussie mega is great for my fine hair

DifferentCats Sat 02-Jan-16 21:28:08

I have the same type of hair and found Fibrology and Aussie Mega gave me awful build up. Kept having to wash my hair all the time.

Klorane and Aveda both worked well. Klorane isn't too expensive, but not so easy to find a stockist. It's on Amazon, but a bit extra for delivery.

One cheap trick you can try is douse your hair in conditioner and then wash it off with Fairy. The washing up liquid. Sounds mad, but it works. Have even been told that my hair smells nice afterwards!

Philoslothy Sat 02-Jan-16 21:30:40

I tried Liz Earle shampoo and it was not for me, I use her skincare so was surprised.

I use aveda colour care. Redken all soft is good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now