Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with this dress help.

(8 Posts)
brandnewday12 Sat 02-Jan-16 07:32:43

I have just ordered this dress for a wedding in June ( not my wedding!)

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Eliza+J+Tiered+lace+shift+dress/219989572,default,pd.html

Not sure about accessories. Would a strong colour work? I have chocolate brown hair.

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 02-Jan-16 08:06:00

Lovely dreas. I would keep it very simple as it's lace, probably simple drop earrings and very fine gold necklace with a single pearl or diamond drop. As it's June I'd go for sandals. I was at a wedding last year where a woman had a goldish tone dress and she wore emerald green sandals and bag with it which I know sounds awful but looked fantastic!

brandnewday12 Sat 02-Jan-16 08:08:39

Thanks. I was thinking aubergine accessories, violet or even cobalt blue. Would that work do you think?

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 02-Jan-16 08:52:20

Yes, love the idea of aubergine I think that would look great with that colour. You're very organised, the last wedding I went to I was dashing around the day before trying to find something to wear!

MuttonCadet Sat 02-Jan-16 09:27:13

Ooooh yes aubergine would look lovely. Gorgeous dress smile

Boltonlass1972 Sat 02-Jan-16 09:35:16

It's beautiful OP and a bargain! As it's lacy, I agree with PP that jewellery should be simple, fine and gold or pearl. Strappy ivory sandals and bag would go, but aubergine would also look lovely. Cobalt blue is a lovely colour but I eel is the wrong tone for this dress. Chocolate brown accessories would also work but I'd avoid nude colour accessories as the tones would clash.

greengreenten Sat 02-Jan-16 09:45:36

Depending on what size you are and bone structure/tan etc (I'm heavy 'boned'...) I would go for white, possibly pearls? Or modern chunkyish jewellery to offset the delicate dress fabric.

ppandj Sun 03-Jan-16 10:23:56

Lovely dress OP! I also think nude shoes and bag would look great with it, I think tonal looks very "expensive" (I've been reading that thread!). Pearls always a good choice! Aubergine sounds great too, and one of my favourite colours. Great outfit smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now