Talk

Advanced search

Style and beauty

(6 Posts)
Doilooklikeatourist Fri 01-Jan-16 21:18:51

well. Ok , it's a bit of a stealth boast.... Sorry
I'm going to the carribean fro 10 days mid January
Will be catching the train to Gatwick the day before , doing the twilight checkin , what's best to wear ? Bearing in mind it's wet and windy , I'll need a coat / jacket , winter tights, to depart , yet sandals to arrive ..
Help me please ( and don't suggest skinny jeans and ballet flats as I find jeans very uncomfortabl and it's a 9 hour flight )

leb33 Fri 01-Jan-16 23:35:02

You'll want layers and comfort them, converse (or similar) with leggings that can be removed, longish top/dress, cardigan (for the chilly plane), big scarf and a jacket. sandals in your carry-on.

It sounds wonderful by the way!

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 02-Jan-16 09:15:49

Thankyou , that's sort of what I have in mind
Long dress, cardi , tights and boots
Remove cardi , boots and tights and put on flip flops
This holiday has been planned for a long time , can hardly believe its here !

AppleSetsSail Sat 02-Jan-16 09:25:18

I am SO. JEALOUS.

Which island?

I absolutely love the Gatwick night-before check-in, we do this and head to the Hilton. You're fairly insulated from UK weather in this case. Personally, I would wear jeans/flats/t-shirt/cardigan and bring a pair of PJ leggings for the flight.

nilbyname Sat 02-Jan-16 09:32:44

I would ditch the boots and go for converse or Nike trainers which you can slip off and remove socks.

A pair of light slouchy joggers that can be worn travelling then rolled up and packed away on arrival. Best, long sleeve top, waterfall type wrap cardigan and a big lightweight scarf that can double as a wrap for the evenings. You're going to need a coat. Do you have anything that will fold to nothing.... Something like a very lightweight puffy jacket. Stow that in your case when you check in your luggage.

Take flip flops and a little skirt in your carry on.

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 02-Jan-16 14:51:55

I'm going to Barbados !
Shift dress and cardi , big scarf fleece jacket
Black tights and flat shoes , I haven't anything like converse and I don't do trainers ( I'm an older mumsnetter )
Bring flip flops to change
And bag for unnecessary warm clothing
Think I'm sorted now
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now