Talk

Advanced search

Make up for wrinkly eyes

(8 Posts)
Angelicabean Fri 01-Jan-16 21:11:02

I have terrible crows feet, sagging eye lids and now, after far too many late nights recently, puffy lines and wrinkles below my eyes too! How can I make them look better? Whenever I put make up on it seems to highlight it all more. I'm 45 btw and very pale

rosebiggs Fri 01-Jan-16 21:12:46

Primer. 8 hour cream (not really a primer but does a better job) works wonders or beauty flash balm.

SirChenjin Fri 01-Jan-16 21:14:36

Do you use a primer? Best thing ever for blurring the lines (presuming that you don't want to go under the knife or inject toxins?) - I quite like Revlon's photoready prime, but have used others in the past with the same success. Sleep and lots of water is also pretty good!

MidnightVelvetthe4th Fri 01-Jan-16 21:15:19

Not sure about make up but maybe look at your skincare, if you don't already use an eye cream or serum then now may be a good time to start smile

Readysteadyknit Fri 01-Jan-16 21:20:17

I am going to order from here.

www.lookfabulousforever.com

They also have some good video tutorials for older women.

Angelicabean Fri 01-Jan-16 21:26:12

I thought eye creams were a waste of time & money? Happy to try any recommendations though! Yes more sleep & water definitely needed in new year. Definitely no to fillers or surgery. Will look at primers. Do you need specific ones for eyes or will any primer do?

MidnightVelvetthe4th Sat 02-Jan-16 06:52:23

Eye primer is better, Urban Decay do great ones and they seem expensive at £15 or so but mine has lasted forever and I wear it every day.

It could be that eye creams are a waste of money, I don't know as I use them and my eyelashes are particularly short and shit and eye cream helps them. I used to notice that if I didn't use eye cream my eyelashes snapped off which they don't if I do use it so for me it makes a difference. I use the Body Shop eyes cube in the mornings as you can put primer straight on after a couple of minutes. At night I tend to use a thicker one like No 7 as it doesn't matter if it takes longer to absorb. I got an eye serum in my advent calendar and also liking it.
Skin Owl has been recommended to me as well but at the time I couldn't afford it, heard good things though.

SirChenjin Sat 02-Jan-16 10:59:04

I've got some v expensive Estee Lauder eye serum that MIL gives me - doesn't make a jot of different. I just use normal primer as I put it over my whole face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now