Bronzer for medium (pale without fake tan) skin

(16 Posts)
williwonti Wed 30-Dec-15 22:03:40

I have fairly pale skin. Generally I usually wear a light coating of fake tan so would guess that then makes me medium skinned. What bronzers are any good? Been using a St Tropez one for years but never looked around. Bought Boujois' chocolate one last week but it seems patchy! Any suggestions? Thanks.

CorBlimeyTrousers Wed 30-Dec-15 22:09:26

Can't believe I have an answer for a Style and Beauty question! You need Estée Lauder Aerin bronzer. I saw it recommended by Lauren Laverne on Twitter and it really is good for pale skin.

CorBlimeyTrousers Wed 30-Dec-15 22:10:36

Oh, got over excited. If you are using fake tan then maybe it wouldn't suit. I don't use fake tan (and it doesn't look like Lauren Laverne does either).

Annarose2014 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:27:18

Hoola by Benefit is great for pale people. Impossible to fuck up.

The problem with the Bourjois chocolate one is that its baked really hard. Try scraping the top a bit. Mind you, I eventually got bored with having to do that and chucked it.

Notonaschoolnight Thu 31-Dec-15 08:56:26

Nars laguna

Donge13 Thu 31-Dec-15 09:05:10

Hoola is what you need. It is fab

williwonti Fri 01-Jan-16 22:15:32

Hoola it is.....thanks all

sarah2011 Sun 03-Jan-16 09:53:50

I find hoola too dark. I have been using a cheapy Rimmel Matt bronzer SPF15 for years. It's about £5 so is an absolute bargain, but the best thing about it is it has no shimmer and can be built up depending on your skin tone. I always go back to it x

MooMinCow Sun 03-Jan-16 10:07:07

Try the Body Shop honey matte bronzers. They do a very light non orange shade which is great on fair skin (01 I think)

franny85 Sun 03-Jan-16 10:11:49

I agree with Benefit Hoola or NARS Laguna. I've tried others but always go back to them.

williwonti Sun 03-Jan-16 22:06:15

This is great, i will have a look at them all, thanks

fussychica Tue 05-Jan-16 18:23:58

I came back from holiday before Christmas with quite a good tan but my face is now back to a winter shade of pale and uninteresting. I would like to achieve a nice healthy glow until I go away in the Spring. Any recommendations as to what might suit me best? Would Hoola or Laguna work for me do you think?

fussychica Tue 05-Jan-16 18:30:51

Just noticed they are both powders which I always fuck up so would prefer a gel or foundation type liquid.

Tisgrand Wed 06-Jan-16 08:10:25

Willi - I second the Rimmel matte bronzer recommended by Sarah. I have tried them all, Bobbi Brown, Clarins, EL, Benefit, etc etc. Rimmel is by far the best, absolutely no sparkle but not "dirty" looking like some matte bronzers. Very natural looking finish.

Tate15 Wed 06-Jan-16 08:53:56

Lavera make a fantastic bronzer in two shades. Both look hideously orange but when applied give a very natural look. I have both, one for winter one for summer.

sarah2011 Wed 06-Jan-16 19:11:19

Rimmel one is ace! I'm usually a bit of a make up snob but like tisgrand I've got some expensive clinique, lancome and Elizabeth arden lying round that will never get used as I just can't stand any sparkle from bronzer. When I have a tan I use it as face make up with a little concealer and just build it up, the matt acts just like a face powder. Xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now