Talk

Advanced search

which shoes

(29 Posts)
Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:16:24

For plump 5'8 mid thirties wrangling a preschooler and a baby

Ankle boots?

(The greens are actually only available in brown and the Browns in green. )

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:17:49

Did attach a picture like totally fail for everyone? Or just on mobile?

ink{http://www1.schuh.co.uk/womens/red-or-dead-mountain-fleece-dark-green-boots/1473484120/\www1.schuh.co.uk/womens/red-or-dead-mountain-fleece-dark-green-boots/1473484120]]/}

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 17:17:56

The first pair, they look versatile

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:21:24

I quite like them too!

But lots of threads here dissing Fly boots make me wonder if it is actually a handy mum-fashion staple!

www1.schuh.co.uk/womens/fly-london-kal-black-boots/1452217050/

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 17:26:20

I mean the first one in picture, the ankle boots, brown. I can see pics but links won't work!

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:26:22

And the third ones were the converse boots - that look comfy and fun - but smart enough for a dress? My other sales purchases are all dresses!

I do have frumpy old boots - but I think they do nothing for the new clothes. (But maybe come spring I'll be bored of all boots anyway!)

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:28:39

Argh - I can't even post 'style and beauty' - let alone achieve it! Damned mobile!

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 17:35:57

The first pair i'd definitely say would work well with dresses as well as with skinny jeans tucked in or "girlfriend" jeans rolled st bottoms. You can dress them up or equally they'd look good with a striped top and chunky cardi etc. Depends on your personal style really!

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 17:36:30

What about a Chelsea boot?

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:53:42

Unfortunately my personal style is dominated by 'baby fat' with a side order of harried mum!

The first ones aren't in the sale - hunter green in the same style are.

I'm browsing blogs on the other tabs and they tell me to keep to black & match to black tights to avoid the stumpy leg look.... I prefer funky urban styles - but the fat & busy have to be dealt with first! The new dresses are vaguely vintage styles.

Chelsea boots were force purchased for me by my mum when I was 14 - and I can't see them as anything other than Littlewoods catalogue circa 1989... Have they come back round to being desirable?

Maybe boots aren't my friend... Maybe I should pray that I won't need to carry a kicking preschooler through snow slush - and just go for high heels to go with my dresses.

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:01:59

These from John Lewis are down to £50

Black but with nice details

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 18:42:44

Hmm they are maybe a bit line dancey?! Don't give up on on boots entirely, there's loads of nice boots out there. The pairs I wear most are clarks biker style or topshop acne lookalikes. Bikers with jeans, topshop with dresses and skirts! Maybe you need two pairs?!

burnishedsilver Wed 30-Dec-15 18:48:42

I vote for the pair with the straps.

Sorry but I don't like any of them. I am no style guru though, so buy what the heck you like! smile

frick Wed 30-Dec-15 18:53:00

I like the first ones and the baseball type ones too...I think you should treat yourself to both to cover all occasions! grin

I've got a pair similar to the first which I don't wear loads but when I do make me feel comfortably smarter than usual!

Not loving the wedgy type ones...bit granny boot-esque (and I am a generally open to a bit of granny chic!).

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 18:56:20

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26109409
Biker?
www.clarks.co.uk/p/26109957
Black suede?
www.dunelondon.com/mobile/padston-stitch-detail-buckled-ankle-boot-0092506690024502/
Burgundy with buckle
www.dunelondon.com/mobile/penley-side-hardware-detail-ankle-boot-0168508730011037/
Black with detail

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:58:37

I've ditched the baseball style ones for the leg cutting aspect.

Come spring - I might go for sneakers.

Trouble is - in my minds eye I look like this >>>

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:59:10

Rest of the world sees this>>>>

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 18:59:13

Honestly I think you should buy whatever ones you like best, don't worry too much about others opinions because they are your feet and it's about what you are comfy in! I love boots and could link to hundreds of pairs but ultimately it's what suits your style and lifestyle that's important!

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:05:45

Thanks for the links.

The Clarks ones are a bit too plain for my taste tbh.

I get easily depressed by plain+fat. My current go-to shoes are pink. This is why my actual look is a cross between a crazed maiden aunt and a teenager going through a self-loathing phase. Which is why I neeeeeed help!

CurlsLDN Wed 30-Dec-15 19:06:27

I have these in brown, which are similar to the first ones you pictured
www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/women-c1/boots-c3/tamar-womens-ankle-boots-p16783
They are very comfy, and are lined with soft fur so are cosy too!
I have a 20 month old, and am also a plump 5'8, they work for me. I like the dipped front top bit, as I believe that avoids the stumpy cut off leg look

CurlsLDN Wed 30-Dec-15 19:07:57

The ones I linked are also available in a snazzy navy on that site, and ive seen them in green or black on other sites, which might suit your not plain taste!

Stirling84 Wed 30-Dec-15 19:11:55

Ach - but the blogs- the blogs.

They say yessiree you can wear ankle boots with fat calves so long as they are disappearingly neutral if you match colour tights and boots to create continuous eye-line.

Cuttysarky Wed 30-Dec-15 19:18:15

Wow, I really love the first ones, the red or dead mountain boots!! Anybody know if they would fit a wider foot with a bunion? Or any alternatives if not? Definitely the first ones get my vote! They look fab.

Quickchangeup Wed 30-Dec-15 19:40:18

The red or dead in the green colour are very versatile, the colour would go with pretty much everything and I'm a sucker for anything with a zip up the back! If you are worried about matching with tights why not buy them in black?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now