Talk

Advanced search

Are you doing better in the sales than I am?

(27 Posts)
JaceLancs Tue 29-Dec-15 23:00:17

I just can't seem to find anything I want at all!
With Xmas present money I am looking for a new coat and a black cardigan preferably cashmere
Didn't think it would be that difficult looked online and done 2 high street shopping trips - might try an outlet place at the weekend
Any helpful suggestions for coat gratefully received
I'm looking for black white or black cream tweedy or check - don't mind grey or red in their either as long as colours are quite versatile (bulk of my wardrobe is black grey white or cream
Not full length, no belt, not collarless or funnel neck
I'm 5'4" size 16
As high wool content as possible - budget as cheap as possible but definitely less than £100

Orangesarenot Tue 29-Dec-15 23:11:22

For the coat, have you looked at the brand Planet? Usually very £££ but there are some nice ones around £100 in the sales, and you can find it on the high st and in Outlets. I got one massively reduced to £60 in Cheshire Oaks years ago, and it has lasted so well. Really high wool content, very warm I'm actually hoping for a cold snap so I can get it out and lovely shape.

Also, Oasis and Debenhams both had some bargain coats when I was there yesterday.

Orangesarenot Tue 29-Dec-15 23:13:27

PS sorry about the appalling grammar in my post!

TimeToMuskUp Tue 29-Dec-15 23:31:33

I bought a couple of lovely cashmere cardigans from Gap in the sale this week, and the DCs both have new jeans, t-shirts and hoodies from there but nope, aside from that I've done dreadfully.

Except for makeup; I went to Boots in the Bullring yesterday and bought some great stuff with massive reductions.

Not having much luck here sad only been attempting to shop online but everything I want is out of stock

Noeuf Wed 30-Dec-15 00:07:21

DMs for ds, half price (he is seven and loves his DMs) , lovely silver shrug thing for me (damsel in a dress, half price), PJ shorts set and dressing gown. But I spent all day at bluewater today and there was very little I wanted - bought lunch and some books and the shrug and that's it!

Olecranon Wed 30-Dec-15 07:21:58

I bought black leather ankle boots from clarks for work which had 60% off. Half price slipper boots from boots and some makeup. 4 jumpers, an autograph handbag and silver brogues from m and s bought online. A burgundy fossil Emerson satchel bag which had £80 off it in store. So I have bought too much and I am not looking at anything else! Clarins website has a third off just now but I am trying to resist. Bought the kids really cheap pjs and onesies from character.com but they haven't arrived yet.

newpup Wed 30-Dec-15 08:50:11

I bought some lovely things in the sales a few days before Xmas. A pair of black leather boots, a dress in Crew Clothing and a skirt in White Stuff. So I wasn't going to bother with the after Xmas ones but took DD2. Ended up buying myself some pyjamas in Joules, half price, some Soap & Glory sets half price for DD2's friends with birthday's coming up, some DVDs and some M&S thermal vests! Wasn't really tempted by anything as the sales before Xmas were good. Lots of Xmas cards and paper in Sales but couldn't bring myself to look.

Swampmonster39 Wed 30-Dec-15 08:56:21

I saw a gorgeous cashmere and wool cardigan in asda. Not in the sale but it was thirty pounds. They had it in grey and black.

AmethystMoon Wed 30-Dec-15 08:57:14

I also got a lovely cashmere cardigan from GAP. Had them in grey( dark and light) cream and black. They were 129 now 75, then I got another 30 percent off on line. I saw them in store yesterday for 89?!
fantastic quality cashmere for the price too.

JaceLancs Wed 30-Dec-15 13:28:45

Nice to hear some of you are finding things!
I'm out again today coat hunting - tkmaxx and debenhams had a few possibles but not in right size and sold out online

SuckingEggs Wed 30-Dec-15 13:31:54

Beautiful coat, dress and jacket at Jaeger, Kate Spade purse, Boden dress and slippers, all great quality and bargainous!

SuckingEggs Wed 30-Dec-15 13:32:38

And some Kurt Geiger suede boots!

Dowser Wed 30-Dec-15 13:37:24

Nothing!

Not bothered really. Looking forward to spring. What I've got will do me.

AnyFucker Wed 30-Dec-15 13:38:55

Yes, I've had a marvelous time in the sales

I haven't been to the shops nor looked online

I have perused the dizzying heights of zero

It's been fab

Deux Wed 30-Dec-15 13:40:30

OP, have a look at the Jaeger Outlet online.

Deux Wed 30-Dec-15 13:41:35

www.jaegeroutlet.com/women-coats-outlet/women-coats-outlet,en_GB,sc.html

SuckingEggs Wed 30-Dec-15 13:43:17

Yes OP, great coats at Jaeger outlet, as PP says.

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Wed 30-Dec-15 14:00:37

I've had:

2 knitted tunics from Uniqlo - bought one a few weeks ago, wore it Christmas day and loved it so much I ordered two more during a lull in the present-unwrapping.

Oversized wool / cotton cardigan from Other Stories.

Leopard print shoes for DD from Boden, plus Christmas PJs for next year.

£15 Origins gift set.

Cast-iron saucepan from TK Maxx, have wanted one for ages.

Pyjamas from Hush.

Now I'm just looking for a brilliant, perfect leather jacket and then I'll be done!

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Wed 30-Dec-15 14:04:09

Haven't got too much as I bought a bit in the Black Friday sales, but I did get a lovely McQ dress and some by terry makeup (not reduced!)

I got some gloves and a t-shirt. Wanted a nice jumper but haven't managed to find one I love.

I want a new black parka, that is good in the rain. Any ideas, please? I'm also looking for a grey casual jersey dress, with sleeves, over the knee.

SayAGreatBigThankyou Wed 30-Dec-15 15:14:08

Sale shoes are winning here - Oasis black suede jalouse-a-likes and Dune leopard slipper shoes. Otherwise I keep getting OOS notifications.

dreamingofsun Wed 30-Dec-15 16:53:03

jaeger outlet has some lovely winter coats - smart ones. or it did before christmas. i'm more of the dog walking/football/ruby style so have to stick to lands end

PedantPending Wed 30-Dec-15 17:04:55

Silk shirt, silk dress, 3 blazers (for work), 3 skirts, 1 cashmere jumper, 2 pairs of trousers. Jaeger on the John Lewis website, Pure Cashmere website and Jigsaw website. Also ordered a pair of high-heeled ankle boots from Zalando, but the reduction on them was only something like 10%.
Very happy, even if some of the stuff will be returned. At least I could find things I liked and were "suitable".

StillShopalot Wed 30-Dec-15 19:48:33

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now