Talk

Advanced search

Size 18 Dress needed for winter wedding...

(11 Posts)
Titsywoo Tue 29-Dec-15 22:39:03

As a guest not the bride grin

It's only in 11 days so I need to get a move on! I am an hour glass but short (5ft 4) and I have a big tummy (fat but extra bloated as I have endometriosis and a large cyst - sorry not really relevant but just pointing out I look 5 months pregnant), also big bum and thighs and upper arms. I have a good waist and boobs (still chunky but shapely) and calves are slim.

Any ideas? The reception is in a marquee which apparently is well heated but I would prefer a long sleeved dress to be safe!

I'm struggling to find anything decent. Budget of about £70 max - hopefully the current sales will help this!

Thank you!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Dec-15 23:46:02

Have a look on Lindy hop. The clothes are gorgeous on there. Vintage and elegant.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Dec-15 23:46:21

Oh and they cover a size 18

chocoLit Tue 29-Dec-15 23:48:37

I found lindyhop to be a terrible fit on me, surprisingly the one I wore to posh wedding in Sept was from Evans and it's the best I've felt in ages. Will see if I can find it. Oh and I'm 5ft6 and a dress size up from you too.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Dec-15 23:52:57

Oh no. Re Lindy Bop. Ive ordered my self a dress off there. FX it fits as its gorgeous and I'll just cry if it doesn't.

chocoLit Tue 29-Dec-15 23:53:29

Evans

It was this style but mine had a white/grey swirl pattern underneath and a plain chiffon top part - loving the spots on this one though!

The brand is called Live Unlimited and I've bought a couple of pieces from them (leggings and a top) after wearing the dress and feeling great.

not sure if green is your thing or the blue is nice too?

chocoLit Tue 29-Dec-15 23:56:16

I'm sure if you have a good waist Lindy Bop will be lovely on you - I'm more like a barrel and boobs and wee skinny legs hanging out the bottom grinblush

I wanted something that I didn't feel the need to be sucking everything in all day or not able to stand/sit/walk/dance. I know it was only Evans but I got loads of compliments - not that DH took any pics mind hmm the length of the skirt was nice so I didn't need tights/stockings and the top bits of my arms were covered too which I always think is nice for a wedding as it reduces the shrug/cardi dilema!

Queenbean Tue 29-Dec-15 23:59:48

The two that chocolit has linked are lovely, v unusual and won't require tummy sucking in all day

chocoLit Wed 30-Dec-15 00:02:18

BOOM! get your full blown glitter fest dress on here from M&S!

FinnDaHuman Wed 30-Dec-15 01:47:34

I found lindybop an awful fit too. Am also a size 18. Looked like a wrapped up balloon!

Swampmonster39 Wed 30-Dec-15 09:01:57

I had this problem last year and although it's not my normal place to go I found a wedding suitable long sleeve dress in Roman originals.
I am a size 20 and have a big tum too so wore some serious shapewear which also helped in keeping me warm.
Enjoy the wedding. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now