Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any ideas on a small cross body bag for taking on a flight?

(7 Posts)
FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 13:59:49

Just something to keep my cash/passport/boarding pass in. So practical rather than stylish, but stylish would be nice grin

I like quite quirky things so would be nice if I could use it again after.

bojorojo Tue 29-Dec-15 14:33:35

Personally, I use a larger cross the body bag with a compartment for passport and boarding pass . This means the bag gets used throughout the holiday. I really like the Longchamp Le Pliage nylon range and the Hobo or the Travel Bag are useful. My favourite bag is a nylon one from Banana Republic but not sure they make them any more. I would also check what hand luggage you can take on board because just taking a bag for your passport seems a bit "single use".

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 16:56:37

I thought hand bag and cabin bag were seperate?

SavoyCabbage Tue 29-Dec-15 17:07:31

Usually you can only take one bag per passenger. Years ago you could take a bag and a handbag but not so much now although it depends on the airline.

bojorojo Tue 29-Dec-15 17:14:06

BA (for example) do have a handbag and hand luggage as separate items but some airlines do not so it is best to check. I still think having a bag for 3 small items is unnecessary. I have a fabulous travel wallet which doubles up as a clutch bag but I hardly use it these days. if you have hold luggage, just a decent sized day bag with internal pockets works well.

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 17:22:23

My bag for holiday is a backpack and I'm just worried about having my money and things on my back. I'd rather have them on my front. Could I buy a small bag and just put it IN my back pack as I check in?

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 17:23:42

It's BA and then Air Canada.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: