Any ideas on a small cross body bag for taking on a flight?

(7 Posts)
FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 13:59:49

Just something to keep my cash/passport/boarding pass in. So practical rather than stylish, but stylish would be nice grin

I like quite quirky things so would be nice if I could use it again after.

bojorojo Tue 29-Dec-15 14:33:35

Personally, I use a larger cross the body bag with a compartment for passport and boarding pass . This means the bag gets used throughout the holiday. I really like the Longchamp Le Pliage nylon range and the Hobo or the Travel Bag are useful. My favourite bag is a nylon one from Banana Republic but not sure they make them any more. I would also check what hand luggage you can take on board because just taking a bag for your passport seems a bit "single use".

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 16:56:37

I thought hand bag and cabin bag were seperate?

SavoyCabbage Tue 29-Dec-15 17:07:31

Usually you can only take one bag per passenger. Years ago you could take a bag and a handbag but not so much now although it depends on the airline.

bojorojo Tue 29-Dec-15 17:14:06

BA (for example) do have a handbag and hand luggage as separate items but some airlines do not so it is best to check. I still think having a bag for 3 small items is unnecessary. I have a fabulous travel wallet which doubles up as a clutch bag but I hardly use it these days. if you have hold luggage, just a decent sized day bag with internal pockets works well.

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 17:22:23

My bag for holiday is a backpack and I'm just worried about having my money and things on my back. I'd rather have them on my front. Could I buy a small bag and just put it IN my back pack as I check in?

FinnDaHuman Tue 29-Dec-15 17:23:42

It's BA and then Air Canada.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now