Going for the chop.

(13 Posts)
Crazybaglady Mon 28-Dec-15 21:37:23

But shitting my pants.

The only time I ever had short hair was when it was growing back from chemo but I went straight back to long. It's my comfort style. Always had long hair.

Haven't had it cut in over a year and am well aware that My hair is shit. I'm shit at doing hair and I look shit. And about 13.

I'm really toying with the idea of going for the chop. I'd like to look a little bit more grown up sophisticated but my absolute inability to do more than occasionally wash/brush/tie up my hair is holding me back.

I've found some styles I like.

I have the same colouring (skin/hair/eyes) as the darker haired girl. I like this and my hair has a natural kink to it.

I really like the more funky style cut. And it may perhaps be better at easing me in to shorter hair?

What do you guys think? I'm useless at keeping up with hair so highlights for me are a terrible idea.

PS- I wear big geeky glasses.

Thingsthatmakeugoummmm Mon 28-Dec-15 21:51:16

I LOVE the one that's longer at front! Go for it!

SeasonalVag Mon 28-Dec-15 22:14:56

I have instantly fallen I'm love with that second one. So much so, that I'm toying with it myself......my hair us similar colour and length and I also wear geek glasses but I'm In my forties so not sure if it would actually age me

Crazybaglady Tue 29-Dec-15 12:48:58

Do you think it would be much work? If i see another woman around with geek glasses and hair cut number 2 ill know its you wink

thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 12:54:29

I will throw a spanner in the works and say I prefer the first one.

As you haven´t had your hair cut for a year, maybe go for a 2/3 inch trim and perhaps a few long layers (especially at the front) first to see how you like that before chopping a load off?

SwedishEdith Tue 29-Dec-15 12:57:15

I prefer the 1st one as well.

Gatekeeper Tue 29-Dec-15 13:02:38

I really, really don't like the one with the hair longer at the front- I think it looks like a mishmash mess and you will quickly get sick of it. Shorter one easier to do and looks heaps better

Favouritethings Tue 29-Dec-15 13:21:10

Don't like the 2nd one at all. The first one is lovely, very classy

Crazybaglady Tue 29-Dec-15 13:52:08

How do you do the first one though?

thelaundryfairy Tue 29-Dec-15 14:16:09

I think the first one is lightly layered at the ends. It looks quite versatile - you can leave to airdry or rough blowdry with your fingers and a bit of product, (this seems most likely option for everyday and will result in a less perfect version of how she has it in the picture), or blowdry/iron it straight, or create more defined curls, waves or flicks with a tong or iron for a special occasion.

SeasonalVag Tue 29-Dec-15 19:02:05

I cut my hair today, and just went for loads of layers . Took about four inches off, so that's that. Love that haircut but know I'm too old for it .

I really like structured styles (only just waved goodbye to heavy blunt fringe this year,) but know that they're not the best at 40, if you're ageing like I am anyway.

Tate15 Tue 29-Dec-15 21:03:08

I have had the first style. Exactly the same and did it myself by brushing hair back into a low ponytail at the nape of my neck then either myself or my daughter cutting an inch to two inches BELOW the ponytail, straight across.

The front is then longer than the back and it does look like a professional hair cut.

pilates Wed 30-Dec-15 11:19:48

Really like the first one, I think it will be easy to manage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now