Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please, please help me rescue my frizzy hair!

(22 Posts)
fadetoblack Mon 28-Dec-15 14:04:34

Before DD I use to have lovely shiny non frizzy hair. Fast forward two years and despite not straightening it,rarely having enough time to blow dry it , it is a complete mess.

I have had it cut to get rid of all the dry ends and it still looks tatty and frizzy from my ears to the ends! Sigh.

I have tried NUMEROUS shampoos, conditioners and serums to no avail. The lady in Boots talked me into Bumble and Bumble's Don't blow it! with the promise of silky tresses but they have failed to materialise and I asked for Liz Earle's hair oil for Christmas, but the frizz still remains!

Any recommendations will be gratefully received! My hair is naturally slightly wavy, is not coloured and is shoulder length!

RJnomore1 Mon 28-Dec-15 14:06:58

How often do you wash? And how often do you deep condition or use a hair mask?

fadetoblack Mon 28-Dec-15 14:21:38

I wash my hair every 2-3 days. I deep condition my hair once a week, either by putting on coconut oil or a hair conditioning oil on over night.

CatBlaster Mon 28-Dec-15 14:28:46

you could try the no shampoo method (google Curly Girl)

or if you can afford it, a Brazilian Blow Dry keratin treatment at the hairdresser's. It lasts me about 3 months but it makes an incredible difference to my frizz.

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Mon 28-Dec-15 14:33:45

Creme of Nature Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner works for me (amazon) after 20 mins in coconut oil.

Spritz with leave in conditioner, bit of gel and just one drop of Argan oil. It's a faff but works for me.smile

RJnomore1 Mon 28-Dec-15 14:34:36

Ok I would up the deep conditioning. My hair was like yours earlier in the year and its frizz free now. Try to wash it as little as you can - or at least only use shampoo a couple of times a week. Every time I wash I use a deep conditioning treatment followed by normal conditioner then oil when I get out the shower.

My favourite products are moroccanoil deep treatment, Aussie miracle shampoo and conditioner, and the three minute treatment, and Loreal mythic oil but you mind find others you like better.

Kennington Mon 28-Dec-15 14:36:27

Hairspray
This cures all frizz - I tried and wasted money on other stuff
Now I just spray - they are all much of a much
I no longer have any frizz at all!!

fadetoblack Mon 28-Dec-15 14:50:58

I've considered a Brazilian blow dry but I am worried worried that it doesn't do your hair any good. A bit like acrylic nails...it looks good while you have it done, but when you stop it can take ages to undo the damage

I am happy to be wrong though!

Queenoftheblues Mon 28-Dec-15 15:31:25

brazilian blow dry hasnt damaged my hair, its improved it. i pay 130 quid every three months and it has killed the frizz. worth every penny.

gonegrey56 Mon 28-Dec-15 15:47:59

I have been having the Kebelo hair straightening treatment in a Salon every 4 months. It has not harmed my hair, instead it makes it smooth and very easy to blow dry straight with no frizz. Damp or humid air does not make my hair frizz up any more. Really recommend it, I have thin, fine and highlighted hair.

CatBlaster Mon 28-Dec-15 18:04:09

Brazilian blow dry grows out (so normal frizz resumes at new roots) and also washes out eventually. I think some people find it makes their hair a bit limp if anything, because it's so smooth IYSWIM.

I'm a total convert and will not be going back to my old hair.

The one I have is not a straightening treatment, more a conditioning thing. So if you have curly hair, it stays curly with less frizz. As pp said, it just makes it behave a lot better - blow dries easier and is less affected by moisture in the air or rain.

NellysKnickers Mon 28-Dec-15 18:17:01

Just wash with conditioner every other wash. The cheaper the better. Give it a good scrub at the roots then leave on for a few mins then rinse WELL. Also when using shampoo just shampoo the roots, the ends will be cleaned as the shampoo rinses off.

dippyeggy Mon 28-Dec-15 22:03:08

The best shampoos and conditioners I have found are elvive smooth intense (especially the conditioner) and tresemme naturals.

I use pure argan oil on it and try not to straighten it too much.

Lenazabaglione Mon 28-Dec-15 22:59:59

This ogxbeauty.com/hair/kukui-oil/ shampoo & conditioner should really help. The shampoo is SLS free and the conditioner is so thick, it's like a hair mask. A third off in Superdrug at the minute.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 28-Dec-15 23:05:58

I have similar sounding hair but longer, and use a Brazilian Straightening Kit (same as a Brazilian Blow Dry) that I buy off Amazon. It's a mere £27.99, takes about 2 hours to do and lasts at least 12 weeks. Total bargain, not to mention a life-changer. Yes, it's that good!

vulgarbunting Mon 28-Dec-15 23:43:30

A second vote for the Amazon Keratin Kit. It has revolutionised my life. I have found that my hair is in much much better condition because I don't have to use heat on it nearly as much.

Sweetsweetjane Tue 29-Dec-15 09:01:59

Please can you link to the Amazon keratin thingy. Thank you

Tuiles Tue 29-Dec-15 09:06:09

Watching with interest

SayAGreatBigThankyou Tue 29-Dec-15 16:11:01

I want that amazon thingy too!

fadetoblack Tue 29-Dec-15 20:30:37

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.

Today has been a proper horrible awful day as DD was burnt by a cup of tea and has 1st degree burns on her torso. The hospitals were amazing and she is sleeping now but still a day I wouldn't wish on anyone.

gonegrey56 Tue 29-Dec-15 20:36:12

OP - oh poor you, do hope your dd is ok now . Sending you very best wishes . flowers

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 03-Jan-16 22:07:25

Hope your DD has recovered now Fade. Must have been such a shock for you.

For those who asked, this is the Amazon Keratin Kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now