Talk

Advanced search

if I like Joe Browns style clothes where could I find similar but with better quality?

(10 Posts)
AGrinWithoutACat Mon 28-Dec-15 12:03:58

I am going back to work next month (office, smart casual) after a mat leave year in skinny jeans and suitable-for-breast-feeding tops, pregnancy was spent in leggings and tunic dresses

I want to update my workwear wardrobe but stick with the leggings/boots/dress style so can cope with office and home without having to change the moment I pick up DD

I love Joe Browns clothes but am fed up of having to constantly repair them when the seams go etc so want to find a company that does a similar size but better quality ... Does anyone have any suggestions please?

(budget is relatively small but would rather have 3/4 key pieces that I can wear for the next year than 10 items that fall apart within months)

Thanks

MackerelOfFact Mon 28-Dec-15 15:59:50

I would say Sea Salt, White Stuff, Joules and Fat Face all do things in a similar sort of style and are mostly decent quality. And the perennial MN favourite, Boden.

Dancingqueen17 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:26:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NewLife4Me Mon 28-Dec-15 17:37:23

The thing about joe browns is the price though.
You can get 2 outfits for the price of a jumper from the other suggestions given so far.
I suppose if you have the money and not the time to repair clothes then it's better to buy the better quality.
I wear joe brown and have never had a problem but must have just been lucky.
Isbel is also good and not that expensive, although same sort of quality.

AGrinWithoutACat Mon 28-Dec-15 19:44:31

Thanks for the suggestions so far, will go have a look

I agree re cost newlifeforme but is not so much about the time but wanting quality to start with (I may still order from Joe Browns in the sale)

ginorwine Tue 29-Dec-15 19:16:57

Also check out seasalt

Tate15 Tue 29-Dec-15 20:56:09

Nomads.

Kittykatmacbill Tue 29-Dec-15 21:35:54

Was going to say nomads! And they have a sale on.

balletgirlmum Wed 30-Dec-15 13:39:04

Fat Face.

AGrinWithoutACat Wed 30-Dec-15 14:08:34

Love those suggestions especially Nomad - thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now