Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any face wash recommendations?

(14 Posts)
Pipbin Sun 27-Dec-15 16:31:45

I would like a new daily face wash. Something that exfoliates and might help tackle spots. Ideally something with natural ingredients.
Any suggestions?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 27-Dec-15 16:33:54

Lush Angels on Bare Skin

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 27-Dec-15 16:35:38

This one technically doesn't do anything you've asked for...but Cetaphil.

It won't magically cure your spots but it's non-foaming and very gentle so won't aggravate them either. I had an awful bout of acne and switching to a gentle "promises nothing except clean skin" cleanser has helped.

Recommend Pixie Glow Tonic for exfoliating and Eucerin Dermopurifer Concentrate for spots.

Pipbin Sun 27-Dec-15 16:54:12

Its, I've used Lush stuff for ages but I fancy a change. Thanks though.

CMOTDibbler Sun 27-Dec-15 17:02:03

I really like Cetaphil too. I use it with a nice clean white flannel each time, so a gentle exfoliation, and I haven't had a spot since I started using it.

nothingwittyhere Sun 27-Dec-15 18:10:56

Avene Cleanance keeps my skin spot-free

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 27-Dec-15 18:15:41

^^ avene cleanance is another great non foaming cleanser.

I've read on various skin care blogs that non foaming is the way to go with spot prone skin.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 27-Dec-15 18:27:49

I have a bottle of Soap&Glory 350ml £8 Face Soap and Clarity when it was on special offer.
Nice, slightly foamy and with little spheres in it to exfoliate .

Use a muslin cloth with a cleanser , exfoliates at the same time as cleansing.
My DS likes Cetaphil (16yo) volatile teen skin.

Fairylea Sun 27-Dec-15 18:32:16

Garnier Deep pore wash - £3 ish and the only thing I buy again and again and again. I love it.

Pipbin Sun 27-Dec-15 18:36:54

Does the garnier one have micro beads? I'm not buying anything with them.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sun 27-Dec-15 18:37:07

yy to cetaphil for spot-prone skin
it took me a long while to get my head around not using something "soapy" IYSWIM, as lots of the oil-based cleansers left me feeling not quite clean enough.

cetaphil doesn't foam, but it's not oily either. I put it on dry skin, and then wash it off with a hot flannel, so that exfoliates a bit. I then use nip+fab pads to exfoliate properly, neutrogena salycylic acid spot stuff on any actual spots, and neutrogena oil-free moisturiser.

Pipbin Sun 27-Dec-15 18:37:27

And the soap and glory one?

Fairylea Sun 27-Dec-15 18:42:59

I don't know re the micro beads sorry! It does feel gritty but I'm not sure what the grit is!

Rpj16 Sun 27-Dec-15 18:44:53

Clinique liquid soap smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: