Talk

Advanced search

what do you always pick up in the US?

(19 Posts)
PeppermintInfusion Sun 27-Dec-15 12:32:56

Off to the US soon...
What do you always pick up when you're there both for clothes and beauty?

Cerseirys Sun 27-Dec-15 12:55:52

Go to Walgreens - all the brands you get at Boots and Superdrug - Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline etc - are half the price there! OPI is much cheaper stateside too.

PeppermintInfusion Sun 27-Dec-15 13:20:59

Thanks, was planning a browse in a chemists so that's good to know! Going to be on my own so shopping is the plan as I'm only really going to be free in the evenings.

Gillybobs Sun 27-Dec-15 13:23:25

Clinique products, Sam Edelman shoes and always save for a Coach bag. Oh and Banana Republic clothes, when I was last there they had 40% off everything

storynanny Sun 27-Dec-15 13:26:10

Macys levi jeans for men. Always at least half uk price.

carrie74 Sun 27-Dec-15 17:49:18

Secret gel deodorants, lovely fragrances.
Next time it will be new Uggs (they're my slippers at home and current ones are disintegrating).
Jeans: Lucky Brand fit me brilliantly, so I always head there (often an outlet).
I often pick up Aveeno, as they have a lovely one that leaves a feeling of powder, which I like.
M&Ms - my dirty habit.
J Crew, Banana Republic, Old Navy & Gap, always good to look through, they often have fantastic mark-downs.
Victoria's Secret body bras, I love how they fit and feel, and their multi-buy cotton pants, as I like the different styles, and they're comfy.
MAC make-up, cheaper than here.
Lululemon clothes, although these are still ruinously expensive.

Basically, I go a bit shopping crazy when in the U.S. grin

NickiFury Sun 27-Dec-15 17:58:48

"Lemon" perfume by CO Bigelow in Bath and Body Works. Technically it's an aftershave but so light and fresh that it works as a perfume for women better IMO. Can't get it in the UK so always get three bottles. Loads of other BABW stuff as well. I adore their stuff.

AesopsMables Sun 27-Dec-15 18:24:53

Here are mine...

Cherry Blossom Body Cream from Bath and Body Works - Better than Kiehls my previous favourite and lot cheaper
Essie and OPI, Nail Varnish
Rembrandt, Whitening Toothpaste
Advil
Melatonin
Kate Spade for Home Wares
Travelpro Luggage
DenTek Inter-dental brushes (better than TePe and third of the price)
Antica Farmacista - Beautiful fragrance diffusers and candles from Nordstrom
Banana Republic (only if sale on)

Not sure where you are going but these are my favourite stores;
Nordstrom
Bloomingdales
Century 21
Target (for toiletries and great PJ's)

PeppermintInfusion Sun 27-Dec-15 18:29:48

Excellent suggestions thanks!

Going to be in NYC so definitely want to try century 21, is it really chaotic?

AesopsMables Sun 27-Dec-15 18:36:59

Depends if you are going midweek or not. Go to the one near Ground Zero if weekend as that is near finance district so quieter Sat and Sun.

PeppermintInfusion Sun 27-Dec-15 18:52:54

I'm staying near it Aesop so I was thinking of going later in the evening when it will hopefully be quieter

ShebaQueen Sun 27-Dec-15 18:59:49

Like Nicki and Aesops I absolutely love Bath & Body Works and always stock up and I agree with Carrie re Secret gel deodorants. Always used to go to American Eagle for stuff for my teen boys but they've opened in Westfield now smile

AesopsMables Sun 27-Dec-15 20:55:05

I am back over to US in Jan and will be stocking up on Abercrombie tartan shirts, I bought just one last month and they are fab. Perfect fit, great fabric and wash really well. Their prices are same but $ not £ so save approx 25%. If you are going sale time then even better.

Cerseirys Sun 27-Dec-15 23:13:47

Get to a Nordstrom Rack OP - that's Nordstrom's bargain store where they sell last seasons fashion at discounted prices, and if you have a day to spare then do a trip to the outlet centre at Woodbury Common.

ScienceRocks Sun 27-Dec-15 23:17:36

I always buy neutrogena rainbath. It is the most gorgeous smelling shower gel in the world, yet never irritates my rubbishy sensitive skin. Comes in a massive pump dispenser as well as smaller bottles. Sold in most drugstores.

EachandEveryone Sun 27-Dec-15 23:20:36

Century 21 for tights sunglasses and Kate Spade bags. The tights in the US are so much better quality. Levi's buy one get one half price, checked shirts and waffle p j's from Old Navy. Ralph Lauren for boys there's always loads of UK people in there. J Crew sale racks. Plan your shopping wisely. If you go to C21 fit in some sight seeing around there. Book the Woolworth building it's really worth it.

thelaundryfairy Sun 27-Dec-15 23:45:37

Crest tooth whitening strips

willfuckformichilenstarfood Mon 28-Dec-15 00:01:33

Better Homes wax melts for oil burners, amazing & so cheap!

PeppermintInfusion Mon 28-Dec-15 18:54:33

All sound exactly what I'm after! Also I was wondering about Nordstrom rack as looking for work clothes and was going to keep an eye it for a Kate Spade bag or Marc Jacobs as knew they'd be cheaper there anyway so C21 might be good.
I'm going to be working during the day so sightseeing is mostly out (though have been before so not a big deal)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now