Talk

Advanced search

A new year, a new me

(8 Posts)
Namechangenetty Sun 27-Dec-15 11:56:36

Inspired by a few threads here but not sure on where to start to transform myself over the next twelve months to a less grumpier, healthier me. I'm there with the basics (drink more water, cleanse daily) but other bits am not sure of how often I red to do to get on top of? So can anyone advise how often I should be:
Going to gym?
Having highlights?
Having a shellac manicure?
Teeth whitened?

Anything else that I can maintain regularly to make myself look/feel better about my appearance?

flowers

Namechangenetty Sun 27-Dec-15 11:57:10

Was meant to type frumpier, but could do with being less grumpy too!

Seeyounearertime Sun 27-Dec-15 12:02:32

Gym as often as you like, of you find it enjoyable. I hated going so stopped and instead watch what I eat more carefully etc.
Highlights, depends, every 3 months or whenever you want them done.
Shellac lasts up to 2 weeks I believe, so maybe every fortnight or so.
Teeth whitened I don't know about, I wouldn't think very often though.

As for anything else you can do, I don't know really, Eyebrow thread and tint maybe? smile

Namechangenetty Sun 27-Dec-15 12:06:23

Oh eyebrows is a good one! Does anyone still get eyelash tints or is it all about the falsies these days?

Buttwing Sun 27-Dec-15 12:21:49

My things I do to make me feel good are-

Eyebrows shaped and tinted
Follow slimming world lost 3stone 9 so far I've got 1 stone 5 to get to target.
Bit of fake tan when I'm feeling pale
Make up everyday
Shellac manicure every two weeks
Paint toenails
Blow dry hair every couple of days when the kids are in bed
Botox twice a year

Things I would like to do in the new year-

Try and find time to exercise
Drink more water
Stick to my skincare regime, I tend to do it for a few weeks then when skin looks better I stopconfused

I have my hair cut every couple of months but don't colour as I can't keep up with the roots, my dcs are still quite young (10,5,2 and 1) so maybe when they get a bit older and I get greyer! I might.

Methenyouplus4 Sun 27-Dec-15 12:25:35

I had semi-perm falsies for 3 months and decided to let them all cone out to heck condition of lashes -they are none-existent little stumps! To be honest it doesn't bother me too much as they were rubbish to start with but might be one to miss if you have nice lashes.

Other thing would be moisturiser with a hint of tan?

Namechangenetty Sun 27-Dec-15 13:40:12

Ah me too I had them out on years ago and came out in clumps! Thanks for suggestions, am hoping if I get myself I. A routine I'll stick to it!

ginorwine Sun 27-Dec-15 15:07:48

I feel better with
Good brows
Good bra
Good haircut
A bonus is exercise - find motivation hard to find !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now