Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me some makeup brushes please?

(19 Posts)
IncidentalAnarchist Sun 27-Dec-15 09:45:58

Specifically a foundation brush? I've always applied with fingers but think I should be using a brush
I tend to use benefit or ysl foundations - good coverage but slightly dewy/glowing finish.
I'm happy to invest in decent brushes but want to be sure they're worth it before doing so
Although obviously bargains would be appreciated!

Annarose2014 Sun 27-Dec-15 09:50:58

Real Techniques have the best budget ones imo.

I use either the expert face brush or the sculpting brush for foundation.

I hate the paddle shaped ones that are supposed to be for foundation, they leave streaks in my experience.

BrendaandEddie Sun 27-Dec-15 10:10:55

Bobbi brown. But buy them on eBay

IncidentalAnarchist Sun 27-Dec-15 11:09:27

Can you get genuine BB ones on eBay?!

southeastastra Sun 27-Dec-15 11:15:32

i have a no 7 foundation brush which is really good, body shop for blusher etc space nk for their fine eyeliner

ZacharyQuack Sun 27-Dec-15 11:21:00

Be careful buying Bobbi Brown (or Mac) brushes on ebay, there are a lot of fakes out there.

I like buffing brushes, e.g. Real Techniques Expert Face or Sculpting brush, or Sigma flat or round top kabuki.

SilverHighlights Sun 27-Dec-15 11:21:06

Ecotools are the best brushes I've ever used, of any type.

TwentyOneGuns Sun 27-Dec-15 11:21:41

Real Techniques Stippling Brush is the best I've ever used for foundation, blends really well and gives even, natural coverage.

Lndnmummy Sun 27-Dec-15 13:17:35

I use real techniques expert or stippling but also love zoeva brushes. I also bought a beauty blender and although a ridiculous price for a sponge i like using it.

TheCraicDealer Sun 27-Dec-15 13:22:58

I was going to say Beauty Blender too, it really is foolproof. No streaks or anything, foundation looks on point. You should be able to get a gift set reduced (same goes for brush sets actually at this time of year). Only thing is you do need to replace it every few months.

suze28 Sun 27-Dec-15 13:25:28

Morphe brushes from Beauty Bay are great.

IncidentalAnarchist Sun 27-Dec-15 15:13:24

Ooh thanks; can I get any of these from Boots? I've about £40 on my advantage card...

MsBojangles Sun 27-Dec-15 15:44:16

Boots sell Real Techniques I think.

hollinhurst84 Sun 27-Dec-15 15:47:40

Bear with me on this grin
I have loads of foundation brushes, real techniques, MAC, stippling ones etc. The real techniques one was my favourite but I use illamasqua skin base which is a pain to apply and it was never perfect
Someone recommended this. It's amazing. Quite small but my skin looks airbrushed with it

Leviticus Sun 27-Dec-15 17:06:27

Depending on how serious you are about not minding investing, the ultimate foundation brush is the Kevyn Aucoin brush. It's about £70 but is utterly beautiful and a completely different shape to all the others. I find it so much easier to use. They sell it in Space NK.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 27-Dec-15 17:09:32

I love the Real Techniques stippling brush. Flawless finish.

Leviticus Sun 27-Dec-15 17:09:55

This is the one. £66

IncidentalAnarchist Sun 27-Dec-15 22:18:14

It looks beautiful

IncidentalAnarchist Mon 28-Dec-15 15:45:52

Purchased some real techniques today on BOGOHP today on my Boots points so will be having a play, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now