Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Result! Got a Parlux hairdryer for Xmas!

(24 Posts)
extrastrongblackcoffee Sat 26-Dec-15 13:59:14

All that banging on subtle hint dropping worked smile

Does anyone else have one? Is it really a game changer? Very excited to use it!

Madbengalmum Sat 26-Dec-15 14:06:51

I think it is the only hairdryer to have!
Brilliant item

ovenchips Sat 26-Dec-15 14:10:16

Can I ask why it is better than a normal one? I see it mentioned often but can't figure out what's different about them.

FriendofBill Sat 26-Dec-15 16:07:24

My Parkin dries my hair very quickly and leaves it shiny looking.

It's non-ionic.
Whatever that means.

MadisonMontgomery Sat 26-Dec-15 17:20:35

Love mine! Dries my hair incredibly fast.

ovenchips Sat 26-Dec-15 17:48:57

Ooh interesting! Thanks FriendofBill

TripeAndGhost Sat 26-Dec-15 17:52:19

Brilliant ! I got me a new one last year after the other broke. Lasted me 15 years and I used to use it wen I was a hairdresser

Worth it congrats

thistlebefab Sat 26-Dec-15 19:08:38

I got one too! Loving it so far - much quieter than my old babyliss one, and cooler too. I didn't need to spend as long straightening my hair afterwards either (I have very thick hair) so I am delighted smile

tippytap Sat 26-Dec-15 19:40:41

Me too!

Used it this morning. Cooler temp than my old one but much more powerful. Quiet too.

My hair dried silky smooth v quick. Love it.

Madbengalmum Sat 26-Dec-15 19:43:32

Reduced static too.
Hair dries quicker
Long hair doesnt prevent t frm working
None or reduced split ends

HairsprayQueen Sat 26-Dec-15 20:06:26

What am I doing wrong with mine? It still takes forever to dry and although it is a bit less bushy, my hair still has that slightly frizzled look of being blow dried, I really wanted it to be game changing but I seem to have slid back into air drying again.

extrastrongblackcoffee Sun 27-Dec-15 15:23:47

Ooo sounding good! smile I'm using mine tonight and I've left my GHDs at my folks, so it better work miracles!! grin

What settling does everyone use? I was thinking medium heat, full speed??...

My last hair dryer was a Nicky Clark and it completely fried my hair! I had it on the highest heat setting and after reading the reviews, it became clear that you NEVER use the highest heat setting. Ooops confused

Wagglebees Sun 27-Dec-15 17:11:00

Me too! Using it for the first time later. Got the compact one as its a bit lighter. Mainly hoping it reduces drying time as my arms get very tired quickly.

Mine is a lovely shiny red colour. Like nail varnish. smile

Finola1step Sun 27-Dec-15 17:17:06

Ooh, glad I found this thread. Am considering treating myself to a Parlux. Which one do you wise mnetters recommend? Are the compact versions as good?

Apologies extrastrong for hijacking thread. But I am fenvy

SauvignonPlonker Sun 27-Dec-15 17:47:56

Santa bought me a 385 Powerlight!

My hair definitely has more volume & is more silky/shiny using it. It also seems to hold my style better. I have fine, bobbed hair which is more flicky than curly or frizzy. I haven't noticed a massive difference in drying time.

You can definitely tell it's a professional hairdryer; it seems more solid than an everyday hairdryer. The long cable is great too.

mrssmith79 Sun 27-Dec-15 18:02:11

Me too, the 3800 😃 Still in the box though, I'll be trying it out in the morning. God bless DH, he even remembered the diffuser too.

extrastrongblackcoffee Sun 27-Dec-15 18:15:36

Ah..I've got the compact one too. It is as good isn't it?

extrastrongblackcoffee Mon 28-Dec-15 14:00:18

Ok, so tried it this morning and I'm not really sure tbh.

I kept it on a medium setting, as I'm trying to reduce heat damage to my hair. It probably took the same length of time to dry, but because there was a lot less heat, I didn't mind so much.

When I finished, my hair looked pretty much the same as before. Maybe a tad less static, but certainly didn't give a wow finish! Maybe my hair is just past help sad

TripeAndGhost Mon 28-Dec-15 17:22:58

I like it because it is hotter and faster than boots style dryers.

Unless you use an expensive brush with it, and do a proper blow dry (which you could do with any dryer if you have the skill, really) sorry it its just a device for shooting air quickly and with a better heat.

What did you think it would do differently?

extrastrongblackcoffee Wed 30-Dec-15 16:00:25

Sigh sad

Finola1step Wed 30-Dec-15 16:02:41

What's happened? Has it exploded or just not lived up to the expectations?

extrastrongblackcoffee Wed 30-Dec-15 16:19:05

Haha yep! wink It was rather inconvenient.

It's just not quite what I expected. Heard so many rave reviews. I think I got a little over excited. I never learn.

HairsprayQueen Wed 30-Dec-15 17:07:43

Yes, I was expecting miracles after some of the posts on MN and it turned out to be just a hairdryer!

I do not have shiny, swishy amazing hair 😩

I hope my expectations are lived up to! Not a Parlux but just treated myself to an Ego. Infrared,tourmaline,ceramic,ionic jobby.

I have lots of curly hair which I always dry naturally as hairdryers make me look like Diana Ross. But it takes so long I tend to wash it midday (work at home!) And don't always have time/chuck it in a ponytail every morning and destroy it. It also throws my entire day out and I hate not showering in the morning

So I decided I need to try a decent hairdryer that apparently doesn't produce frizz.

Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now