Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone tried gudren sjoden?

(14 Posts)
victoryinthekitchen Fri 25-Dec-15 19:31:26

I like the look of the colours and the styles seem a bit more cheery than a lot of current high street winter clothes. Just wondered what the quality is like and also if they're suitable for a shorty? TIA smile

slug Fri 25-Dec-15 20:00:28

Choose carefully and they will last years. I have several of the velour dresses which manage to be both comfortable and very warm.

I'm 5 foot 7, though I've see her clothes on women shorter than me

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 25-Dec-15 20:00:45

Sorry but I think most of it is bloody awful, even the models don't look good in the clothes.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 25-Dec-15 20:03:49

This is what I mean.

BikeRunSki Fri 25-Dec-15 20:09:06

I am occasionally tempted, but can't get my head round the online returns policy. Looks complicated and expensive.

thelaundryfairy Fri 25-Dec-15 20:13:39

Not my cup of tea, sorry. If you like that look, you might like Desigual too.

victoryinthekitchen Fri 25-Dec-15 21:48:43

Thanks - think I'll have to be a bit careful, maybe some of the simple more fitted dress shapes as I'd completely disappear under that blue dress. Just want something a bit more interesting and warm than huge boden jumper and cord skirt I'm wearing. Thanks for suggesting Desigual, had a look, but it's probably a bit too whacky.

babybarrister Fri 25-Dec-15 22:10:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

victoryinthekitchen Sat 26-Dec-15 18:12:20

Hadn't heard of Eileen Fisher before, had a look, some really nice pieces and she does petite too - thanks!

CruCru Sat 26-Dec-15 23:52:16

I have some of the clothes but DON'T buy online - if you want to return something, they deduct £10 from the refund. Plus they ask you to get it picked up by a courier, which is free but I just plain can't wait in between 7am and 10pm on the chosen day.

Greengardenpixie Sun 27-Dec-15 15:51:59

I have ordered a few things in the past. The delivery service is really quick. I have returned things no problem. The quality of their cotton is lovely and i think the designs/prints are beautiful. The thing i dislike is the shape of most of the stuff. Its very shapeless and unsurprisingly i have noted as a regular seller and buyer on ebay, if you go on ebay most of it selling is larger sizes because there is a tendency for it to appeal to a plus size market [but not exclusively]. I have been a 14 and a 12 verging on a 10 and have had lovely tunics that have had many compliments because the prints are just not really on the high street and i like that. I agree with the comment to choose selectively. No smock type things and you should be fine smile If you are a 10/12 the small should fit you. Medium is really a 14/16 imo

boldlygoingsomewhere Sun 27-Dec-15 17:23:33

I like the colours but being 5'4 and relatively slim, I find that the standard fit items work best as otherwise they drown me completely.

I have ordered online and visited the shop in Covent Garden and much preferred the latter experience. There were things which looked lovely online but were shapeless in person or conversely clung unflatteringly to my stomach. Lovely quality though.

polyhymnia Sun 27-Dec-15 17:47:30

Must say, also having tried it on in their shop, I can't think why it would appeal to the plus size market because so much of it is loose and baggy and, as someone large myself, I think that is just the look to avoid. Effect is like a ship in full sail - definitely makes you look bigger still rather than being flattering. That's why I didn't buy anything, although some of the colours and fabrics were quite nice.
Sadly, the current 'oversized', slouchy look for tops, etc only suits those who aren't large sized themselves!

Greengardenpixie Sun 27-Dec-15 19:33:43

I agree. I think that some of the styles make the slim models on the website look bigger than what they probably are. I cant imagine anyone looks good in their stuff [ like in the links above] Shame as some of the prints are really lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now