Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

best clarifying shampoo?

(13 Posts)
Purplehonesty Thu 24-Dec-15 23:11:29

My hair seems to get greasy by the end of day two and so I end up washing it every second day.
My hairdresser said its because I use a moisturising shampoo and I need a clarifying one.
So I went along to boots but all the ones I could see were moisture boost or for coloured hair or highlighted hair....
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shampoo/conditioner combo? I have quite long highlighted hair. It can get dry/fluffy at the ends so I need a decent conditioner to stop me looking like a bush!
Thanks

Shop Fri 25-Dec-15 01:08:27

Tresemme deep cleansing one is very nice. My favourite shampoo but I use once or twice a week

Cerseirys Fri 25-Dec-15 01:12:46

I use the Boots Expert (own brand) deep cleansing shampoo every 2-3 washes just to get rid of product build up. Works fine and is only about £3.

Wagglebees Fri 25-Dec-15 02:24:52

I use the Pantene one. Works very well for me. I have very thick, bra strap length hair that needs washing every other day. I can go another day without washing when I use it. Roots feel lighter iykwim and are fuller. I use it about once a week and a moisturising shampoo the other times. I don't use products apart from Morrocan oil and a frizz ease curl holding cream but both can cause build up.

But I am on the look out for another to try.

suze28 Fri 25-Dec-15 09:18:55

Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoo is great for me. It's the shampoo 2.

CinnamonSweet73 Fri 25-Dec-15 09:19:46

I had the same issue and the Pantene works well for me too. I use a few different conditioners but only on the ends/bottom half of the hair. Like the poster above I alternate with a moisturising shampoo

Purplehonesty Sat 26-Dec-15 18:44:39

Thanks everyone. Will try the Pantene as it smells lovely I always think!

Wagglebees Sat 26-Dec-15 20:15:11

It can be slightly drying so try to alternate with another more moisturising one and a conditioner. smile

Madbengalmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:16:37

Shu umera it is pricey,but good

thelaundryfairy Sat 26-Dec-15 22:13:00

My husband uses one with nettles; I think the brand is Klorane. It kind of looks like Dettol in the bottle.

theimpossibledream Sat 26-Dec-15 22:19:01

I've used the Boots one which is good but I do find it very drying.

The gentlest one I've used is this I usually use it for the first lather, then wash with a moisturising shampoo for the second. I really struggled with build-up before now but now it works really well.

DancingDuck Sat 26-Dec-15 22:24:22

Aveda Blue Malva is amazing even if you don't have coloured hair. But it's a fortune. Tresemme is brilliant and a bargain. Stops my teenagers' hair from being too greasy.

I find Pantene leaves my hair very lank and heavy - as though it were greasy.

Fyaral Sat 26-Dec-15 22:29:51

Head and shoulders. Like the shampoo version of paint stripper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now