Talk

Advanced search

Serum or something to use in conjunction with my moisturiser for dehydrated skin that's also hyper sensitive and spot prone!

(17 Posts)
Indecisivejo Wed 23-Dec-15 16:21:57

Any recs? Needs to be fragrance free!

Tweetypie100 Wed 23-Dec-15 16:44:04

How much would you spend?

I really really like Emma Hardie - any of her stuff is good. I pay £30ish for the cleansing balm but it lasts around eight months and makes my skin glow and has really cleared it up.

Indecisivejo Wed 23-Dec-15 17:02:48

I haven't really got a budget in mind tbh just want something that I'm gonna love and help my skin. I already have a cleanser and moist I'm quite happy with....for now lol but think my skin needs another light layer as is particularly dehydrated prob due to central heating.

Boglin Wed 23-Dec-15 17:14:07

I've been impressed with la roche posay effaclar duo + which I use as a serum. I don't know if it's fragrance free, it smells a bit grapefruity to me but is that ok if it's a natural fragrance?

Tweetypie100 Wed 23-Dec-15 17:41:27

I would try the EH serum. Check out some reviews on space nk etc. It just gives your skin some oomph.

Indecisivejo Wed 23-Dec-15 18:04:11

Thank u for suggestions so far. I will check out Emma harder thank u but it's a defo no to the la Roche posay effect are that's for blemishes but thanks

How about an oil? I don't know any fragrance free ones, but there probably are some.

Indecisivejo Wed 23-Dec-15 18:07:22

Just looked at the Emma Hardie on m&s but the face oil has parfum/fragrance listed in ingredients which means it's artificial. Plus it has geranium oil which I have a feeling irritates me sad

FreeButtonBee Wed 23-Dec-15 18:11:26

Hylamide. It's £££ but a great serum pre moisturiser. Very thin and watery and fairly neutral smelling (medicinal rather than prefumey) it is perfect for dehydrated skin and I am on my third bottle this year! Can get it in boots. There have a few different varieties but I use the original purple one.

Indecisivejo Wed 23-Dec-15 18:28:22

I will check out hylamide thank u

ginorwine Wed 23-Dec-15 22:27:46

I second the hiylamide , cleared up my dry skin . There is a third off at mo so it is 20 not 30 pounds .

BabyGanoush Thu 24-Dec-15 00:23:15

REN beautyshot (maybe they renamed it) is great

Destinysdaughter Thu 24-Dec-15 06:35:52

I've been using Hylamide for about 2 weeks now but can't say I've noticed any difference! fsad

Have you really noticed a difference in your skin? Not sure if I will bother to repurchase it tbh but maybe you have to use it for longer?

TheBananaFaceOfEvil Thu 24-Dec-15 06:53:34

I swear by Bioderma's Hydrabio range - it transformed my skin. I use the rich version (though it still feels light on the skin) but they do a light version and a serum as well. Full of hyaluronic acid which sorts out dehydration.

1/3 off at Escentual atm so just under a tenner.

ginorwine Thu 24-Dec-15 10:12:11

Yes feels more mousuurised
However clarins dble serum was better re skin actual appearance as in tighter pores and clarity
I had to go for one or other as cdnt afford both x

Notonaschoolnight Thu 24-Dec-15 10:26:17

Shame about fragrance free as this is lovely

www.carolinehirons.com/2015/05/vichy-aqualia-thermal-serum.html?m=1

TheSpottedZebra Thu 24-Dec-15 11:38:57

www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Serums/Superdrug-Simply-Pure-Hydrating-Serum-50ml/p/342700

This one. Honestly! I read about it on here, and it is ace. I'm using a few superdrug superdrug products at he mo, and I have been (mostly) really really surprised at the value and results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now