Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone own a pair of *sturdy* Ugg boots?

(15 Posts)
FrankSpencer Wed 23-Dec-15 16:07:54

Not the slip-on style huge boots but proper boots IYKWIM?

I bought a pair of Blayre II in sizes 6 and a 7. The 6 is snug with barely any toe wiggle room. The 7 is much looser and I can pull them off my feet without undoing the zip. Plus my heel slips when I'm walking around in them.

These are lovely sturdy boots. But do they stretch out a little? Anyone have experiance with these boots or similar? TIA smile

Corygal Wed 23-Dec-15 18:41:16

Yes I do. Er, I had to bin them - they ripped my heels raw and certainly did not stretch. Stay with the bigger size.

noisytoys Wed 23-Dec-15 18:44:24

I have the adirondack boots they are about 5 years old now and still good as new. I don't wear them much anymore but I still love them.

Jaeme Wed 23-Dec-15 18:49:58

I have the Gillespie and fabrizua boots, I had to size up from a 5 to a 6 as they were a bit neat for me but the size up has been perfect in both pairs.

I did have kensingtons in a 5 and they shredded my heels to bits with cuts and blisters so I got rid of them. Size up is probably better, the sheepskin will help stop them slipping about when you're wearing them

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Wed 23-Dec-15 18:50:56

Stick with larger size and stick in a sheepskin insole

FrankSpencer Wed 23-Dec-15 19:32:24

shock at the red raw heels!

These already have a sheepskin insole though - sorry, I should have mentioned that but I assumed all Uggs did? Anyway. The 6 is perfect without socks but even with thin ones, they are just too snug. Ahh this really shouldn't be such a difficulty! I'm off to try them both again. Maybe see if the insole comes out. Thanks guys.

emsyj Wed 23-Dec-15 20:57:38

I've got the Ugg Grandle boots and they were very snug but have loosened off. They're perfect now and it only took a few wears to soften up.

Jaeme Wed 23-Dec-15 22:34:32

Frank the sheepskin tramples down a bit as you wear them so they'll become less snug over time, if they're snug but bearable then stick with them they'll get better

If it's too neat the size up will be ok as although the sheepskin tramples down your foot won't (shouldn't?) slide about the way it does in a shoe without the sheepskin

Hope that makes sense it's kind of hard to explain on here

FrankSpencer Thu 24-Dec-15 09:55:45

It makes sense. smile
I tried the boots again last night - I'm pretty certain that the 7's are too loose now. I'll regret keeping them, i know it.

The insoles are glued down (i think - didn't want to tug on them too much) but I think they will come out easily enough if I wanted to remove them. The boots are unbelievably warm so needing to wear warm socks when I'm out and about won't be necessary so I'll wear my thin denier tight pop socks and they should more than suffice as boots are perfect without socks.

I love them!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Thu 24-Dec-15 20:27:28

Ah I have ugg high tops that don't have sheepskin. They're gorgeous though. On my 'normal' uggs, the 3 was too small and the 4 too big. I put in an extra sheepskin insole to the 4 and they were perfect and double comfortable! It's like walking on a cloud. But I put them up the loft last summer and can't find them now.

I've got Emalie wedge ankle boots.

The first few wears my left heel really was torn to pieces, to the point anything at all touching it was very painful -even a sock! I had to cushion it like crazy to put any shoe on and walk!

However, I persevered (with lots of padding) and they are fine now. Actually potentially a little on the lose side, whereas before they weren't exactly easy to get on. Leather shoes always stretch to a degree.

RiverTam Thu 24-Dec-15 20:56:29

DrRanj where did you get your sheepskin insole? I've just taken back two sizes of Maddox boots as one was so small I couldn't get it on without socks but the others I could feel my heel moving when I walked in them.

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Thu 24-Dec-15 21:22:26

I think I got them from ebay? But it was about 4 years ago now!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Thu 24-Dec-15 21:22:47

Yes just checked - tons on eBay

RiverTam Fri 25-Dec-15 19:36:26

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now