Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boots no7

(19 Posts)
magicgirl74 Tue 22-Dec-15 15:35:33

I love makeup and i could easily spend a small fortune at the high end counters,However my hubby is being made redundant from his well paid job and his search for a new job isnt going very well so far.Iv started looking at cheaper brands and while having a mooch round in boots i decided to visit the no7 counter,Iv always had trouble getting foundation to match my skin tone so the lady offered to colour match me using that hand held gadget and i bought a foundation and concealer.I took home and tried and i have to say im impressed,The colour is spot on and the coverage is good and it didn't turn orange like a lot of others i have tried.Iv always pypassed the no7 counter in the past even though i often get money off vouchers for their products and iv always got points on my boots card but now money is going to get tight it may be a good option.As iv never bought their products before what other products would you recommend including skincare as I currently use clarins which is fairly pricey,Im 41 with combination skin and i wear makeup daily.

ListObsessed Tue 22-Dec-15 17:26:44

I use their Beautifully Matte foundation, Perfect Light pressed powder and Stay Perfect mascara. I love the mascara as it's the only one I've found that doesn't leave me looking like a panda by the end of the day. I also use their Clear nail polish and base coat (not a fan of their coloured ones - just not my cup of tea). They often have three for two offers too.

CointreauVersial Tue 22-Dec-15 18:46:05

Their Protect & Perfect skincare range is very good. Also the lipsticks. It's all excellent quality.

m0therofdragons Tue 22-Dec-15 18:50:27

I converted from Lancome to No7. Really like it. Nail polish I go for rimmel dry in 60 seconds though.
I use the stay perfect foundation for work and protect and perfect is a lighter one for weekends.

balletgirlmum Tue 22-Dec-15 18:54:09

I find no 7 stuff much nicer than clarins & Clinique which really dry my skin out.

I like the day cream, protect & perfect serum (not as good as genefique but I can't afford that. I also use the primer.
Make up wise I don't use the foundation but I do use the eye shadow, blusher & lipstick.

Bluecheese22 Tue 22-Dec-15 18:54:19

The mascara in the teal tube is AMAZING!

clippityclop Tue 22-Dec-15 19:06:01

I completely agree. Needed lipstick for my daughter for a school show was impressed with the sales lady and got talking about my own skin. Menopausal, been an Estee Lauder fan for years but recently noticed my double wear light was sitting on my skin and looking chalky but getting bumps under my T zone. I came out with the No 7 hot cloth cleanser, protect and perfect ,Instant Radiance foundation and a lovely free gift of lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow in lovely colours. Two weeks in I think my skin's improving and very impressed with the make-up, so natural looking with a lovely texture.

bimandbam Tue 22-Dec-15 19:09:40

I have used it for years! Recently tried some clarins bits and pieces and while I preferred the clarins wash and moistureiser I much prefer the boots protect serum and mascara.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 22-Dec-15 19:11:59

I have very dry and sensitive skin and their cleanser for that skin type is so soothing

Petal02 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:13:42

I'm in my 40s, and discovered No 7 by accident, and I love it! I used to be 100% Clinique, and whilst I'm still Clinique for skin care, I'm now using No 7 for primer, foundation, BB cream, concealer and lipstick. It's a fabulous brand!

Sirzy Tue 22-Dec-15 19:14:04

I have moved over to no 7 in the last year and haven't yet found anything I don't like.

thelaundryfairy Tue 22-Dec-15 19:15:12

I use their version of Touche Éclat, a concealer in a pen with a brush on the end, black tube with gold lettering (can´t remember the name off the top of my head), and their eyeliner.

Protect and Perfect skincare is fantastic.

The no. 7 nail polish isn´t bad for the low price (I use the coral colour on my toes in summer, the colour is called Tangy or similar).

Llouh Tue 22-Dec-15 19:15:31

I have very dry skin and in the winter especially I have a complexion that resembles a hob nob.

I've tried everything from Chanel and MAC to Rimmel and the only thing that helps with the dryness is No7. The quality is fab and they always have lots of lovely colours.

miniswin Tue 22-Dec-15 19:16:18

The eyebrow pencil is great, brush at one end and colour at the other, really like it. I do prefer a softer pencil though so it may not suit everyone.

thelaundryfairy Tue 22-Dec-15 19:17:59

Skincare products I use (I have slightly dry skin, I am 35) -

Protect and Perfect Intense Serum
Protect and Perfect Night Cream
Airbrush Away (primer)
Hot Cloth Cleanser

The No. 7 staff are usually great about giving you samples so I would ask their advice on the products for your skin then try them out in the store.

VenusRising Tue 22-Dec-15 19:19:52

I don't like their foundations. They are greasy and slick, and streaky. They smell horrible after a while.

Their eye shadows have little colour pay load, and come off really quickly.

OP is this an infomercial? Are you employed by boots?

clippityclop Tue 22-Dec-15 19:22:31

Ooh forgot, the double ended lipstick/gloss is lovely too, just like the v. expensive Lipfinity stuff but lasts absolutely ages and really nice colours.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Tue 22-Dec-15 20:14:46

I like that you buy a couple of things and get a free gift (on occasion). I got a fab mascara and eyeshadow brush among other things last week when I went in for other
stuff.

Littlepig8834 Tue 22-Dec-15 20:55:22

I've used No7 for a while, I like their blushes as they go on well and have staying power. Their brushes are also good for make up application. my make up must have is mascara and I am yet to find a No7 one I don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now