Talk

Advanced search

Red Nail Varnish recommendations........ (for Christmas Day)

(14 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 22-Dec-15 12:50:18

My nails are never my best asset TBH.
Not strong because of my relentless handwashing/vinyl gloves (at work) in nasty NHS soap.
If I try to grow them , they just get a bit of length nd split (and I'm not used to nails anyway so I find them pesky)
Hence , no false nails (my DD has some on, they are lovely but she can't put her earrings in smile , so we can't both be hampered)

So, tomorrow, we're going shopping.(I didn't want to buy anything before in case I didn't use it)
What nice red, festive colours are out there?
My nails are just over the top of my fingertips, I have small, narrow nails.

TIA thanks

TychosNose Tue 22-Dec-15 18:47:03

Nails inc "Tate" lovely winter red.

CinnamonSweet73 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:08:01

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is lovely or one of the new Christmas OPIs, Let Your Love Shine, if either of those brands are available to you

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Tue 22-Dec-15 19:36:59

I've just done mine in Models Own 'Marquise Maroon' which is a lovely deep red with red shimmer. I really like it. My nails are also small and relatively short (and not all the same length!)

Jaeme Tue 22-Dec-15 21:31:05

China glaze ruby pumps (needs a few costs to get opacity unless you use it over another red)

OPI I'm not really a waitress

Longdistance Tue 22-Dec-15 21:37:24

I've had my nails done with gelish. Don't remember the name/number, sorry, but they're gel polish from the beauticians.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 22-Dec-15 21:51:15

Essy Forever Yummy. Good classic red, easy to apply and looks good even on short nails, especially with a shiny clear top coat (I always think glittery or shimmer polish looks great on long nails but on my short ones it looks like a kid playing at dress up - maybe that's. Just me though!)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 22-Dec-15 22:13:48

I've got OPI Waitress ( I wore this last Hallowe'en on really long falsies grin
it's nice but a bit pinky/wine on me. Not sure if it's still useable (the bottle is donkeys years old)

Might have to put the red nails on hold though, blardy broke one today ..........hmm

burnishedsilver Tue 22-Dec-15 23:04:02

Rimmel Double Decker Red is very Christmasey.

I like red best on short nails.

bojorojo Tue 22-Dec-15 23:51:10

OPI Red or OPi Malaga Wine.

PlopTheBarn0wl Wed 23-Dec-15 00:00:20

I bought a no 7 red recently that I thought was very Christmassy. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called but I think it's probably their darkest red that's still a red, if that makes sense!!

BringMeTea Wed 23-Dec-15 01:48:56

Marks and Spencer Autograph in the colour Satin. And only £6. Very nice.

LeaLeander Wed 23-Dec-15 01:51:18

I find the basic OPI Red is best for Christmas time.

PitPatKitKat Wed 23-Dec-15 02:06:11

Orly Star Spangled is lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now