Talk

Advanced search

Thin tops to wear under itchy jumper dresses

(15 Posts)
Jemster Tue 22-Dec-15 07:09:26

I have several jumper dresses that I love to wear but with nothing underneath they all end up making me itch even without any wool in them.
I've tried wearing long sleeved tops underneath from H&M & M&S but then I end up too hot & bothered.

Can anyone recommend some very thin long sleeve tops that might be ok?

Filiboom Tue 22-Dec-15 07:35:23

I've been wearing the Uniqlo heat tech tops under mine. They're very fine and clingy (and not expensive) and come in short and long sleeved. I'm a bit rubbish about temperature control so don't know if they'll make you too hot, but I don't think they're any warmer than a regular cotton top so could be worth a try.

ceeveebee Tue 22-Dec-15 07:45:02

I wear either uniqlo as above, or gap body.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 22-Dec-15 07:52:36

I wear a silk slip, and sometimes a long-sleeved silk thermal shirt.

Heyheyheygoodbye Tue 22-Dec-15 07:57:59

I got some from Dotty P. Very thin, with a low scoop neck so they don't show up at the top, and longline so you can tuck them in at the bottom. Cheap too!

Blu Tue 22-Dec-15 08:19:30

Uniqlo heat tec, too.
They don't make me feel too hot, and they also don't get sweaty / underarmy like other thin clingy tops,

Lucymatilde Tue 22-Dec-15 08:23:46

I tend to wear a silk or similar slip or a cami top. Doesn't make me too hot.

HeyMacWey Tue 22-Dec-15 08:26:37

Another vote for uniqlo heattech tops here.

Trills Tue 22-Dec-15 08:38:18

Life is too short.

Wear them alone - itchy.

Wear them with something under - too hot.

Get rid, and next time don't buy itchy things.

Didiusfalco Tue 22-Dec-15 09:23:01

I'm with trills if you cant just shove it on and be comfortable its too much hassle.

However as you have them and like them i would head to asda and buy their thin stretch tops, because theyre cheap theyre not too warm, but wash well. Size down maybe so they dont show?

Waxlyrically Tue 22-Dec-15 10:31:43

M & S do a heat gen one which is very thin and clingy - I've got a couple in black which I use loads and which aren't too warm.

Tisgrand Tue 22-Dec-15 12:32:45

The M&S heatgen tops which I love, make me far too hot in this mild weather. I have a couple of very light longsleeved cotton t-shirts i got in Next a couple of years ago that are perfect. Try Next they usually have them.

amarmai Tue 22-Dec-15 15:36:26

i like netting tops to wear under dresses.

Lucymatilde Tue 22-Dec-15 15:56:39

What sort of netting tops Amarm?

amarmai Tue 22-Dec-15 22:03:04

mine are a tshirt style with 3/4 sleeves and a low ish round neck. had them for ages but i just read in a fashion mag that netting clothes is on trend. I have dresses, pants, cardis and tops in netting. just checked the label on my latest find and it's 100% nylon. Think most of them are poly/nylon as they are stretchy. But not hot because of the holes.Great for layering as they have no bulk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now