Talk

Advanced search

What coats are you wearing in this mild weather?

(16 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 21-Dec-15 23:12:34

I have a Boden thigh-length down coat in black but it's so cosy and warm I'm hot in it in this weather.

I'd like a shorter, not as warm coat to wear at the moment that looks stylish. What are you all wearing or have bought recently?

ephemeralfairy Mon 21-Dec-15 23:23:16

I've got a leather bomber jacket type thing in dark grey, and a classic beige trench coat. It's not so mild in Scotland today though!

Thecatisatwat Mon 21-Dec-15 23:24:59

I've recently bought a navy Next peacoat which I love. Can get away with a t-shirt or thermal top and thin cotton jumper underneath.

In fact because I tend to feel the cold I'm still wearing my down jacket, just with fewer layers underneath.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 21-Dec-15 23:43:59

None at the moment - Dead 'ard me grin

Not really, I have hormonal flushes so just a jumper with a thin layer underneath.

Blue fleece for work, mainly because it has zipped pockets and it's washable.

Whatthefoxgoingon Mon 21-Dec-15 23:44:57

I wandered around London in heavy jumper today, no coat at all. It's very warm for the time of year.

hiccupgirl Tue 22-Dec-15 07:17:56

My summer waterproof coat (very boring from Blacks) a lot at the moment. On colder days I've got a medium weight parka type coat from Matalan that isn't too warm.

I bought a lovely down filled coat from TKMaxx in the summer and I've worn it 2x so far this winter.

Cantwaittillboxingday Tue 22-Dec-15 07:25:44

I'm glad I didn't splash out on a winter coat this year as I wouldn't have worn it. I feel the cold but I'm still in a short leather jacket (M&S.)

lavendersun Tue 22-Dec-15 07:32:34

I am just wearing my usual Gloverall duffle coat which is really versatile. With a long sleeved t shirt or shirt and a think scarf I can wear it in this sort of temperature - with warmer clothes/thick scarf I wear it in the worst of the winter.

Same with my parka - just changing what I wear underneath.

cardoon Tue 22-Dec-15 08:40:29

I've returned to my trench

Glitteryfrog Tue 22-Dec-15 09:14:25

Leather biker and gore tex when its raining

scrivette Tue 22-Dec-15 09:16:45

Just a jumper or a cardigan at the moment. I want it to get cooler so I can wear my winter coat.

FretYeNot Tue 22-Dec-15 09:19:42

A raincoat, one of those you can wear a fleece underneath, except I haven't bothered with a fleece.

mumsnit Tue 22-Dec-15 10:43:24

Summer waterproof jacket (Fatface) - has been perfect for this weather.

Would actually love a slightly warmer waterproof jacket for when it does finally get colder but seems completely impossible to find warm, waterproof, stylish and affordable!!

Pipistrella Tue 22-Dec-15 11:06:40

just a jumper and a scarf

ShelaghTurner Tue 22-Dec-15 11:09:01

None. Cardigan and scarf.

limesoda Tue 22-Dec-15 11:53:56

My beloved All saints leather biker.

Ilse Jacobsen long raincoat for wet weather/dog walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now