Talk

Advanced search

The Christmas Day outfit?

(22 Posts)
Beachlovingirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:03:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsmeerkat Mon 21-Dec-15 19:06:08

Not very exciting but I am wearing a black top with lace sleeves (it is very lightweight so great for cooking) an black skinny jeans and sparkly ankle boots.
Getting a shellac and hair cut too. I feel good in these and dresses are lovely but tights too hot

BlueEyedWonder Mon 21-Dec-15 19:21:41

I'm considering of the following 2 options:
Zara black floral long sleeve midi dress with black heeled ankle boots.

Next gold pattern statement trouser with Gap black merino crew neck jumper. Black heeled shoes.

DinosaursRoar Mon 21-Dec-15 19:34:20

I think I'm going for a dress I bought in Hobbs in the sale in September, it's 3/4 sleeves, a thick jersey, navy with small white flowers embroidered on it (in some lights they look like snowflakes), worn with navy tights and slippers grey ankle boots (however as I'm not leaving the house, I'll probably still have slippers on when PIL arrive and forget to change footwear).

Alternatively, I might go for a black suede a-line mini skirt, black tights, burgundy silky top, and big silver statement necklace (this will look better with slipper boots on my feet, and might be cooler for all the cooking).

I'm feeling a little unsure as I haven't gone out to get a Christmas Day outfit this year for myself, although ds has a new shirt and chinos and dd has a pretty party dress to wear, I do need to stop putting the dcs first! wink

DinosaursRoar Mon 21-Dec-15 19:36:43

Oh and my outfit requirement, has to be cool enough to cook in, has to be decent when on the floor with toddler dd playing with her new toys, has to be forgiving over the tummy area as I will be eating everything... has to look relatively ok with slippers as every year I never get round to putting shoes on if we are hosting

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Mon 21-Dec-15 19:49:43

Either this outfit or a faun coloured woollen phase eight dress I got years ago, that is an old faithful, with black tights and the same boots in the link.

Beachlovingirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:50:13

Beachlovingirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:58:09

Beachlovingirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:59:15

Beachlovingirl Mon 21-Dec-15 20:01:10

i'm wearing a black swishy sequin skirt and a bright pink cashmere sweater with black velvet mary jane flats for christmas day, a rose gold swishy sequin skirt and black cardigan for boxing day witht he same black velvet mary jane shoes and then on my third christmas lunch on the 29th i'm wearing a black and grey striped phase eight jumper dress with black tights and grey boots

FuckOffJeffrey Mon 21-Dec-15 20:57:11

I will be wearing my buddy the elf t shirt and garish reindeer print wooly leggings on Christmas Day. Not stylish at all but I don't care.

choppychopster Mon 21-Dec-15 23:30:13

I quite fancy a sequin or tulle skirt with a fine-knit black jumper - anyone seen anything nice that can be delivered in time? Liked the Johnnie B sequin skirt on another threw but fear the age 13-14 (biggest still I stock) will be too titchy.

choppychopster Mon 21-Dec-15 23:32:12

Rose gold sequin swishy skirt sounds good OneNight. Where's it from please?

Primark of all places choppy surprisingly good quality as well

choppychopster Mon 21-Dec-15 23:45:27

Thanks! Was yours a recent buy? I saw something similar a year or so ago and could kick myself for not having bought it.

I can't honestly remember when I bought it unfortunately. sorry i cant be more helpful

Nettletheelf Tue 22-Dec-15 00:22:38

This

www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-sequin-embellished-shine-slogan-t-shirt/p/p60076967

With boyfriend jeans, chandelier earrings and sparkly shoes.

I can't be arsed with Christmas jumpers, onesies, Christmas pyjamas etc. Why not make an effort?

ceeveebee Tue 22-Dec-15 00:29:01

This Barbour dress - it's my colour and flattering on - I'm not doing the cooking so not bothered about it being quite thick!
m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Barbour+Ruskin+long+sleeve+dress/221748526,default,pd.html

jamtartandcustard Tue 22-Dec-15 07:18:18

Black leggings (sainsburys), long line vest top (sainsburys) and a sparkly silver lightweight jumper (Boden relaxed crew neck).
Usually it would be skinny jeans with a smart top but comfort is key this year as will hopefully have a 3-day-old newborn wink

BrendaandEddie Tue 22-Dec-15 07:41:45

You wear boots inside your home?

Tanaqui Tue 22-Dec-15 07:52:04

One night, (I also like the sound of your skirts) where did you get flat velvet Mary Janes from?!

Brenda, I don't usually but might if I had people coming round dressing up, I do when am working at home so used to it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now