Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a bright coloured cashmere cardigan as a gift?

(12 Posts)
BuggersMuddle Sun 20-Dec-15 20:37:13

Shopping for Xmas present for a family member and had it on good authority that they really wanted a specific M&S cashmere cardigan in a bright colour (pink, red, royal blue or jewel tone). Duly took myself to the preferred shop and discovered that this was clearly a popular item and I have zero chance of getting in a common size this close to Xmas.

So, I would love to still get a cashmere cardigan, but while I can have any number of cashmere sweaters, short (hip length), fine cardigans are hard to come by, or if I do find them, there in sludgy colours (nice, but not what she's after).

I may have to give up on the idea completely, but would welcome any suggestions for a high street priced cardigan (or even a nice merino one in jewel colours) as am struggling. An expensive one would not go down well in the event that it had to be exchanged (I would be told off for spending too much on one item), or I'd have dragged myself to Brora this afternoon (am not all that confident on size).

I have tried M&S, Jaeger (sludgy colours), Hobbs (nothing suitable), John Lewis (mainly sweaters). Not sure where else is likely to nice knitwear?

Madbengalmum Sun 20-Dec-15 20:43:22

Pure collection cashmere, they quite often have sales on,loads of colours

BuggersMuddle Sun 20-Dec-15 20:56:30

Oh that looks ideal madbengalmum. I've seen one that's pretty much identical in style to the one she was looking at. Do you know if they are true to size? (The requested one was from M&S and I was going to buy a 12 in their cashmere collection).

Madbengalmum Sun 20-Dec-15 21:35:24

Yes, they are in my opinion better quality.
Look online, because they often have discount codes aswell

clippityclop Sun 20-Dec-15 22:18:12

Uniqlo cashmere is lovely and good quality.

educatingarti Sun 20-Dec-15 22:19:44

Boden do bright cashmere cardies too!

ABetaDad1 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:21:16

DW always shops online at Pure Collection for cashmere cardigans, jumpers, etc.

Might be too late for Xmas delivery now.

Didiusfalco Sun 20-Dec-15 22:36:16

Cashmere/merino blend cardigans from Woolovers come in a variety of jewel colours, if it doesnt have to be 100% cashmere? Sale is on and last order date for Christmas is tomorrow morning. I have had a few lovely things from there and am currently trying very hard not to spend any more money in the sale as signed up to the no spend thread!

silversixpence Sun 27-Dec-15 23:12:05

John Lewis had lots in bright colours today

goddessofsmallthings Sun 27-Dec-15 23:48:08

Boden sale: www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WU002/Womens-Cashmere-Crew-Neck-Cardigan.html

fluffypigs Wed 30-Dec-15 17:44:31

Get yourself to Uniqlo! They have all sorts of bright colours in classic styles and it's reasonably cheap. Or try John Lewis own brand?

momofgirls Wed 30-Dec-15 20:58:28

House of Fraser Merino cardigans and jumpers in bright colours now reduced to £27.50 from £55. Brought emerald green cardigan and navy jumper today.
Have previously brought in pillow box red, burgundy, black.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now