Talk

Advanced search

Flared jeans

(6 Posts)
NeedsAMousekatool Sun 20-Dec-15 15:21:07

Bought a couple of pairs of jeans claiming to be flares. They look suspiciously like wide bootcuts. I am 34 with a toddler and low maintenance hair. Am I going to look like I just dug out my old boot cut jeans from 10 years ago? Not that I could fit in them sadly.

Booking Sun 20-Dec-15 15:24:44

It is hard to comment without seeing them on, but usually with these types of clothing, it needs to be a proper fit, otherwise you risk looking like you have indeed got badly cut bootleg jeans on!

I'm sure you look fab either way though, even if the jeans aren't quite right grin

NeedsAMousekatool Sun 20-Dec-15 15:26:16

If it helps I think they fit really nicely and DH complimented how my bum looked in them, any sort of compliment is unusual for him, in fact him even noticing clothes is pretty odd grin

Booking Sun 20-Dec-15 15:33:09

OP, my partner doesn't even bat an eyelid 99% of the time when I'm in my birthday suite, so you're lucky wink but like you, if he compliments my choice of clothes, it really does look nice.

If they fit well and look good, they probably do look good in the actual fit. Again, hard to say without seeing them but from what you've described, I think you can hold your head up high and be rest assured you look great!

Kennington Sun 20-Dec-15 15:34:40

They look cool and chic, but the thought of them getting wet at the bottom, when it rains, puts me right off. I remember this from last time they were in.
Am sure this is why skinnies are so popular here!

CreviceImp Sun 20-Dec-15 22:12:08

My husband went a bit, erm, unusual when I put some on after wearing skinnies for ages. So I think they must do something to catch the eye....

I think that as long as they aren't ankle skimmers worn with a bobbly fleece they'll look great. Obviously no camels hoof in evidence either mind.... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now