Talk

Advanced search

London Fly Boots

(31 Posts)
RavenQueen Sun 20-Dec-15 13:49:17

Has anyone got any of these boots? I was just wondering what the sizing was like on them, especially around the calf?

RavenQueen Sun 20-Dec-15 13:49:39

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/fly-london-mes-3-purple-boots/1543183620/

StealthPolarBear Sun 20-Dec-15 13:51:28

I had some. Quite tight iirc

Cocolepew Sun 20-Dec-15 14:10:46

I thought they were ok. I have fat calves (calfes?) and can fit them over jeans too.
They are shit in the rain though.

Hippychickster Sun 20-Dec-15 14:11:49

I have 4 pairs of fly boots. I love them as they are like slippers to wear (on me). I am between a 4 and 5 and the size 4 are perfect. They are quite tight round the calf but the leather is soft. The only thing I don't like is that they are not waterproof at all.

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Sun 20-Dec-15 14:17:55

I have fat calves and they fit me fine. But.... they're middle-aged, middle class uniform. Over half of my book group have been wearing them for the last couple of winters. We swap them for birkenstocks in the summer grin.

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Sun 20-Dec-15 14:20:40

If you do decide to go with them, OP, I was traipsing round shops on Saturday and noticed them on sale in Jones and Office (I may possibly have refreshed my uniform).

hiccupgirl Sun 20-Dec-15 15:39:34

I got the Chelsa boot version from Fly because I have fat calves and I love them. I sprayed mine with waterproofing and they've been fine in pretty heavy rain. They do size big though - I'm dead on a 6.5 but the 6 is fine with thin insoles.

BoJolly Sun 20-Dec-15 16:14:51

I have the Fly Mes 2 and they are very snug on the ankle bone but quite roomy on the calf - if that makes sense.

They are amazingly comfortable though.

Thingsthatmakeugoummmm Sun 20-Dec-15 17:21:10

I have these. They are so comfortable. No problem with calf size. If you decide to buy them look on Amazon as I got them for half price on there!

internaldiscord Sun 20-Dec-15 20:52:36

agreed they are comfy and look gorgeous and the Pama style were fine on my gladiator calves. i just don't like how the soles wear through in no time, before you know it you're rattling along when stones get into the holes that wear through the heels sad

user7755 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:56:16

I dont think that my calves are particularly big but I had to send these back as they wouldn't do up sad

I do have wide feet though so sometimes go half a size bigger and this seems to help with other Fly shoes and boots that I have.

Poppiesway Sun 20-Dec-15 21:05:33

I love fly boots. I have 2 pairs of the ones in the OP link and a smaller boot. I wear a pair for work all day during the winter, have lasted me two years. Just brought another pair in the Black Friday Amazon. Worth the money imo

RavenQueen Sun 20-Dec-15 21:26:17

The ones I've linked are exclusive to Schuh so I won't found those ones any cheaper.
So what your saying Matilda is that I'm going to look like middle-aged and middle-class if I buy these boots?!! 😕 lol

Oldraver Sun 20-Dec-15 22:49:37

I've tried the Mes on and had to go to 7 and they were still to tight across the top of the foot, I think because I have high arches (only just realised last year that this is why lots of footwear is tight on me) My calf is 39.5cm

I have recently bought the Suli boots and they are a bigger fit with masses around the calf

Oldraver Sun 20-Dec-15 22:53:27

Have to say I was disappointed when they got wet. I do expect a pair of boots to be able to be worn in the rain.

I think I need to waterproof them

RavenQueen Sun 20-Dec-15 23:11:48

I have images of them going all squishy when then get wet, lol. I thought with them being leather they would be fine if they got a bit wet

Cloppysow Sun 20-Dec-15 23:37:48

Are you sure they're exclusive to schuh? I always buy mine from amazon or ebay - much cheaper. Moreso if you wait and buy them in summer.

Bambambini Sun 20-Dec-15 23:45:40

Just bought those from Soletrader for £129. Second pair, wore the first pair to death the past 6 years. Love them. The calves are a but tight but you can undo the buckle for extra width. Yes, not the best for waterproofing, so wouldn't wear them if it's pouring down or for treadging through snow.

RavenQueen Mon 21-Dec-15 00:31:35

They are the Mes 3 and they the ones exclusive to Schuh.

RavenQueen Mon 21-Dec-15 00:35:56

Everywhere else sell the Mes or the Mes 2. The difference is there's no buckle across the shoe part only around the top part of the boot.

BikeRunSki Mon 21-Dec-15 00:37:38

If size 8, with muscly 42cm girth calf. Fly boots do not fit me anywhere. I have to seek my MC Middle aged look elsewhere.

RavenQueen Mon 21-Dec-15 08:52:15

Lol BikeRunSki

Oldraver Mon 21-Dec-15 09:57:05

Raven...did you look at the Suli I linked to ?

Oldraver Mon 21-Dec-15 09:58:17

Suli

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now