Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a l'oreal steam pod?

(9 Posts)
Cellardoor1 Sat 19-Dec-15 17:26:01

I've been reading about these lately and they seem to get great reviews. My hair is fine and wavy and I use a ghd a few times a weeks to straighten it. As a result it gets very dry on on the ends and I've just had it chopped to shoulder length because it was like straw! Is a steam-pod really much better for hair?

Hippychickster Sat 19-Dec-15 17:39:11

Yes I have one. Funnily enough, even though it's really good, I hardly ever use it. I was going to put it on eBay. It doesn't seem to dry my hair like other straighteners do.

Just got one and totally in love. My hair feels sooooooo much healthier when I use it and styles lasting 3 days between washes too with barely running a brush through it

SnowBodyforrrrm Sun 20-Dec-15 00:34:28

I've recently returned mine. I just didn't love it and it became faulty after a few months. Gone back to my ghd's but tempted by cloud nines!

Hippychickster Sun 20-Dec-15 12:29:48

Me too SnowBody!! The steam pod is great but it is big. I want the cloud nines too!!

Cellardoor1 Sun 20-Dec-15 17:58:23

Hmm...I think I'll hold off on the steam pod. I live in the US and after researching it doesn't seem to be available here, only from the UK and its $$$. Off to look up cloud nines now!

Rohey Sun 20-Dec-15 18:46:45

I've ditched my ghds in favour of the steam pod. So much better for my hair. My hair is as straight with the steam pod as with the ghds. Are the cloud nines based on steam too?

internaldiscord Sun 20-Dec-15 20:38:44

someone at work won a steampod recently. she shared this review video that makes me think it's a lot of fuss. reminded me of my first babyliss straighteners that came with a water compartment! youtu.be/xmeedi70_m4

Cellardoor1 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:59:59

I had a babyliss steam straightener years ago too. It was useless! I thought GHDs were the best invention ever when they came out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now