Talk

Advanced search

lipsticks for yellow teeth (yes, charming subject!).

(15 Posts)
ivejusthadacake Sat 19-Dec-15 12:16:56

hi, as the title says, can anyone recommend a good blue tinged lip colour as ive heard these dont make teeth look even more yelllow!

what does blue tinted even mean? what shades would you suggest?

Im looking to spend under £15 and be able to pick it up in my local boots/house of fraser/superdrug.

thank you.

Oswin Sat 19-Dec-15 12:22:30

There was a thread on here a week or so ago asking the same question it had some great recommendations. I'll see if I can find it.
The only way I can describe blue based red is its more of a cold red, where orange based ones are more warm and summery.

ivejusthadacake Sat 19-Dec-15 12:26:22

ive just found it at the last pages of search - it was really helpful! thanks for the tip blue based!

Im looking for an everyday sort of colour, one i can wear just on school run, popping to shops, meeting friends for a coffee. Quite casual but still something to brighten up my face. dont think i want to make a statement.

EverybodyHatesATourist Sat 19-Dec-15 12:42:12

I'd go for a mid-pink but one with blue/ lilac tones rather than orange/ red

Itjusthappened Sat 19-Dec-15 12:55:18

What was the other thread called?

Queenbean Sat 19-Dec-15 12:56:52

Benefit do a good one, it's minty flavoured too

And Crest dentistrips will sort out the yellow teeth smile

Jenda Sat 19-Dec-15 12:58:54

bought Mac New York Red Apple the other day. Its blue tinged i think and i like it because im a bit scared of red lipstick but its sheer so you can slick one coat on and it brightens my face up but its very wearable. You can also build it up if you want to go more bold

ivejusthadacake Sat 19-Dec-15 13:01:56

cant link as im on a new laptop but its called "blue red lipstick" and has 35 posts from 6 dec 2015

EverybodyHatesATourist Sat 19-Dec-15 14:01:26

Estée Lauder Crystal Pink 03, is a nice every-day blue-toned pink, above your budget but can buy cheap on eBay.

mintoil Sat 19-Dec-15 17:31:46

I use MAC Angel which is a pale pink.Just steer away from anything with any hint of yellow/orange in it and you should be fine. If you want to wear red then a cherry or darker red should be fine - just steer away from anything that looks like tomato!

chewbs Sat 19-Dec-15 21:20:25

Are you sure about this? Any lipsticks with even the slightest cool/blue tone make my teeth look far more yellow than they do usually. I have to stick to warm tones because of this.

Scarydinosaurs Sat 19-Dec-15 21:24:22

MAC Angel is a good every day one that has blue tones in it.

yazzy85 Sat 19-Dec-15 21:52:50

Blue based colours do work well like Mac's Ruby Woo or Clinique's 'A different grape'

Have a look at this article, there are pictures comparing shades too.

www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/tips/a26523/lipstick-shades-that-make-teeth-look-whiter/

ivejusthadacake Sun 20-Dec-15 17:16:48

www.muastore.co.uk/sweet-sheen-lip-balm

Ive come back with this to get me started in cherry bomb. what a bargain and how have i never heard of this brand before?

Jenda Sun 20-Dec-15 18:01:09

Oooh yes I have that, it's fab and so wearable. I've got some really nice bits from that brand, fab eyeshadow palettes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now