Talk

Advanced search

Best separate facial sun block

(9 Posts)
PollyPerky Sat 19-Dec-15 09:38:04

I've used Clinique City Block for decades but they formulation seem to have changed. It's REALLY yellow now and darkens my foundation - I'm alabaster/ porcelain colouring.
I used Estee Lauder Day Wear spf40 which is quite nice but a bit too greasy. I need something that is not tinted and is 40 or 5 spf and ideally suitable for sensitive skin.

Wolpertinger Sat 19-Dec-15 09:41:42

Heliocare is my holy grail sun block. The gel is great if you want oil free, I am v v pale and it was great for me skin tone, lots of options for different skin tones and types.

Didn't have as much cash this year so bought different options and none of them were nearly as good.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 19-Dec-15 10:29:14

Look into Asian sunscreens. Biore Watery Essence spf 50 from Japan (via eBay or Amazon) is my favorite. Missha Mild Essence spf 45 is also great.

Floisme Sat 19-Dec-15 11:42:19

I alternate between La Roche Posay and Ultrasun Face; Spf 30 in winter, 50 in summer. My skin's pale and very sensitive and they both work for me although I think they contain alcohol.

ThomasSofty Sun 20-Dec-15 17:04:24

Ultrasun is my favourite, sinks in well and doesn't irritate my terrible eczema flare-ups. I wear it pretty much every day.

PitPatKitKat Sun 20-Dec-15 19:16:15

I keep searching for a great one and haven't found one yet. Has anyone tried the Sunday Riley Cashmere one? I would like to try it but it is £££.

ChishandFips33 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:29:40

LRP ultra sun F50 not greasy, great for my sensitive skin

internaldiscord Sun 20-Dec-15 20:34:22

i've been using the Coola SPF30 via the Birchbox shop, but it's pricey at £26. i don't know why i didn't buy the Matte version though, which i will when this runs out. it leaves a little sheen but nothing that is a dealbreaker. hope this helps.

ChishandFips33 Sun 20-Dec-15 21:25:34

Doh! LRP Anthelios anti shine not ultra sun! demonstrates mumsnetting whilst watching tv is not doable here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now