Talk

Advanced search

get me a new haircut!

(11 Posts)
Lovelilies2 Sat 19-Dec-15 08:03:41

Decided I want a change.
I'm 14 weeks pregnant, 35 years old. Have one 10 year old dd and DS who will be 2 in Jan. Also in the middle of separation from dp. And buying a new house which needs loads of work doing.
I'm not a 'style your hair every day' person, rarely wear makeup.
Had long hair for years.
Need a low maintenance style that I can just wash n go or not wash every day.

Lovelilies2 Sat 19-Dec-15 08:04:38

Photo was this summer when I wasn't pregnant... No smoking/ drinking now! blush

Favouritethings Sat 19-Dec-15 08:49:17

Congratulations! How about a long bob, just past the collarbone?

Lovelilies2 Sat 19-Dec-15 09:05:40

I was thinking along those lines.. Any pictures as suggestions?

Dowser Sat 19-Dec-15 09:58:22

You have stunning hair. I'd just have enough cut off to make it a bit easier but plenty left to tie back.

Sorry to hear you're about to be a single mum.

Lovelilies2 Sat 19-Dec-15 11:36:38

Aw that is very sweet of you to say ! blush

Lovelilies2 Sat 19-Dec-15 11:37:34

And yes it's not ideal, but all will be okay. Got good support from me old ma so could be worse.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sat 19-Dec-15 11:41:28

Your hair is very similar to how mine was, I now have it shoulder length and layered which although I'm not keen on the layers I can wash and go and the e layers make it look styled.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sat 19-Dec-15 11:44:39

Have you thought about going for a pixie crop type short do? I know it's drastic, but I think at times of big change a big physical change can be a breath of fresh air - literally take the weight off your shoulders!

You could donate your hair to the Little Princess trust to be made into a wig for a little girl who has lost hers to chemo and then it would be super quick and easy to style, just a blast for a minute with a hairdryer and run some wax through it and you'll look like you've made an effort.

I regularly grow mine long and invariably when I have it cut again I love it so much I wonder why I ever bother with it long, as it just ends up being tied up in a ponytail.

The only thing with short hair is having to keep on top of trims, but if you can get it done somewhere you trust first time, then you can find someone who comes round your house to do a quick trim every now and again.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 19-Dec-15 12:15:09

Go for the collar length bob, your hair looks really glossy and thick, it will feel gorgeously swishy and a bit lighter but you'll still have enough hair to tie back if you want.

Pixie cut from a long style is drastic (I've done it in stages) but remember short hair needs something doing to it every day (mine is not washed daily but goes under the shower and some product)

And - you need to get it cut very regularly. Can you find the time and inclination ?
Mine is lovely week 0-4, bit meh week 5 and crappola if I let it go 6 weeks.

Congratulations on the new arrival smile

Tate15 Sat 19-Dec-15 19:26:38

Long hair suits you. Just have it a bit shorter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now