Talk

Advanced search

Horrid hair! Help!

(8 Posts)
herethereandeverywhere Fri 18-Dec-15 20:17:23

I've had my pre-Xmas do. Colour good, cut awful. Stylist keep putting MORE layers in, I had none before he did my hair. I keep saying a tiny trim and up he goes with the sections then feathers the ends making my thin hair even thinner. Won't be going back but AGGHH.

I've turned into Anthea-Turner-meets-George-Michael-in-the-Last-Xmas-video.

Do I just wear a hat for the next year? sad

CwtchMeQuick Fri 18-Dec-15 20:32:49

Oh no!
This happened to me in the summer, I went for a trim, she cut about 3-4inches of hair off. I sobbed for hours.
Can you wash and style your hair yourself and see if there's any improvement? Wear your hair up? See if anyone else can fix it?
The good news is that my awful haircut had grown out enough for me to style it acceptably within about 3 weeks.
Good luck!

CwtchMeQuick Fri 18-Dec-15 20:34:47

Alternatively, you could wear a Santa hat or reindeer ears to distract from your hair. Or one of those musical light up hair bands?

herethereandeverywhere Sat 19-Dec-15 00:22:14

My DD has a woolly hat with a light up Xmas tree!

Actually if I wash it the awful poofy/wavy/'80s-ness of it might subside. I'm honestly thinking of cutting it even shorter just to lose the sodding layers.

Ista Sat 19-Dec-15 00:50:50

Cutting a good inch of the bottom will make it look thicker and less wispy.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sat 19-Dec-15 01:09:24

My hairdresser can't help herself sometimes with the layers either, I think they're actually quite dated now but here I am stuck with them, you have my sympathy op. I put the front up in a,quiff as that hides the ones that frame my face.

Cantwaittillboxingday Sat 19-Dec-15 07:27:07

I had exactly the same. My hairdresser did a lovely cut...then he started chopping and hacking into it and at the end it looked like a 70s feather cut/mullet.

I went to another hairdresser a few days later and she chopped off the feathery bits and I ended up with a
basin cut bob.

Why don't you try that?

We3KingyOfOblomovAre Sat 19-Dec-15 07:51:57

I too had this with my hairdresser, who I've had for 10 years and he is great. But I agreed to a couple of layers, but I've ended up with one toupee looking high bowl cut, and then wispy bits at the bottom. Not convinced!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now